My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1000s Home Networking search

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Redbean

I stream files from my T2 on my Free Time HDR-1000S and have successfully for a while. However, the search on the shared server list is hit and miss, but our NAS network drive is always found. A little bit annoying, as it seems to work after a hard reset of the home plug and the T2. There doesn't appear to be a network issue, as other devices and PCs can see and stream the T2. Has anyone else seen this and is there a way to force the 1000S to refresh the network, if not see at the first attempt?
    I use home plugs, have the current software in both machines, the T2 has a fixed address and both stay in standby when not used.

| Wed 17 Apr 2013 22:40:54 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do your home plugs have power saving features and are they all the same?

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 6:16:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Redbean

Thanks for the reply. My Home plugs do have a Power Saving and are all the same. TP-Link TL-PA251 AV200+ However, I don't have any issues with the T2 Portal.

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 10:56:19 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I rather think the unit may see loss of voltage on the Ethernet port as a disconnect. The next time it occurs could you check System Info - network and see what it says the settings are.
    You could also try setting the network setting to automatic again (perhaps even twice in a row) as I think this will force it to reacquire a IP.

I will play a bit with my unit to see if it re-establishes a network connection.

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 12:08:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Redbean

Will do. Thanks.

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 12:30:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Redbean

Sorry, still hit and miss. I set the IP address manually to 192.168.1.53. I have tried several times to set back to DHCP. Still .53 I have re powered both the T2 and Home Plug. Tried the T2 without Ethernet, which addresses to 100, but back to 53 when I re connect. I have even set the T2 back to Factory Default. Still .53 but managed to see over the network last night. This morning, still .53 but not visible on the 1000S.

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 13:13:40 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I know the Foxsat always trys to get a DHCP address before it checks if it has manual settings which it then uses (the T2 could be the same). It is normal for a DHCP server to reissue the previous address (if possible) but could you have allocated a static address on the router (address reservation)?

After the homeplugs are in power saving mode could you try pinging both the T2 and HDR-1000S from a PC (run cmd.exe and
    enter ping ipaddress
    The timings may be interesting.

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 15:27:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Redbean

Er, Pings to devices on Home Plugs in power save mode, are not detected. As the device has to be off(?).

Pings to both active T2 and 1000s average approx 3ms. I managed to release the T2 IP through the BT box menu and now it has found a new (DHCP) address. However, searches are more miss than hit now, on the 1000 Server List. Last night I searched, the T2 came up after 20 mins and then disappeared after 5 more. Very strange?

By the way, I have no problems streaming files from the T2 on a PC, iPad and even phone. They see the server straight away and just work. So I doubt it’s anything to do with the Home Plug, sorry.

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 8:38:10 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

My thought was not knowing how the power saving is triggered. It could be by the HDR-1000S ethernet socket in which case it would only power save when the unit is in standby and the homeplugs would then need to re-sync (quickly, before the HDCP client timed out). Alternately it could be traffic based in which case the ping would start the wakeup process. The second method would not be very suitable if the network has a lot of broadcast traffic.

On your second point, On my cabled network the HDR-1000S sees everything even it I have just powered a client up,

I would not assume that the HDR-1000S and the T2 have that much in common. They have differing chipsets (so I believe) and the HDR-1000S appears to be much more like a software re-write that a rework.

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 15:19:52 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.