My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010S won't switch on

(11 posts)
  1. DickF

DickF

Hi my name's Dick. I'm new here having just bought a HDR-1010S.
    The box works well and apart from the funny green writing on the TV guide
    I'm more than happy with it.
    One thing I can't sort out though is that after being on Stand-by for several hours the box
    will not switch on. I have to pull the plug and reconnect to get it to work.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Thanx

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 11:33:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and welcome to our forum. First thing to try is a reset to factory defaults. Settings - System Settings - Factory Default.

Make a note of your recording schedule or photograph it with a digital camera first, as you will have to re-enter it after the reset.

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 12:07:42 #2 |
  3. DickF

DickF

Tried a reset twice already but it hasn't solved the problem.

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 12:12:37 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DickF - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Tried a reset twice already but it hasn't solved the problem.

Strange. I take it the box won't boot from the remote or the box power button ? Try pressing the zero button on the remote a couple of times to boot the box. If you have the newer RM108U remote does the stb button flash red when you try to boot the box ? Does turning off low power sby make any difference ?

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 12:27:14 #4 |
  5. DickF

DickF

Pressing the Zero on remote does nothing except showing a 0 on the screen. Power off switch on box does switch the box on and off as long as I'm not in the phase where it wont switch on. The STB button flashes red when pressing any button on the remote. At oresent the settings are Automatic power down "on" and Standby mode "power save" Should I turn the Automatic power down to "off"?

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 12:37:48 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DickF - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Pressing the Zero on remote does nothing except showing a 0 on the screen. Power off switch on box does switch the box on and off as long as I'm not in the phase where it wont switch on. The STB button flashes red when pressing any button on the remote. At oresent the settings are Automatic power down "on" and Standby mode "power save" Should I turn the Automatic power down to "off"?

A bit puzzled, if the box is in sby then how does pressing zero on the hdr1010S show anything on the screen (pressing the 0 key will boot the box as well as the power toggle button and you can push it several times unlike the power toggle) ? Up to you if you turn off power save. If you don't the box will shut down after no remote keys pressed for 3hrs (which can be a pain in the neck). As to turning off low power sby I was just interested to see if it affects the box not booting after being in sby.

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 12:50:08 #6 |
  7. DickF

DickF

My fault, didn't catch that the box should be in sby, my mistake.
    Will try the alternative settings and get back to you. Thanx for all your help so far

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 13:07:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

When you're "in the phase where it wont switch on" does the red light on the box remain red and no channel is displayed on the box display? Or is it the case that the TV simply does not display the output from the box?

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 13:32:42 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Additionally try disabling HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Trade names for CEC are Anynet+ (Samsung), Aquos Link (Sharp), BRAVIA Link and BRAVIA Sync (Sony), HDMI-CEC (Hitachi), E-link (AOC), Kuro Link (Pioneer), INlink (Insignia), CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba), RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) (Onkyo), RuncoLink (Runco International), SimpLink (LG), T-Link (ITT), HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, VIERA Link (Panasonic), EasyLink (Philips), and NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi).

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 13:35:25 #9 |
  10. DickF

DickF

Yes exactly. The red light in the chromed on/off swich is glowing but no writing re channel or freesat is shown on the box display. And I can press the switch as many times as I like but the box does not respond until I pull the power plug and repower up.

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 13:38:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.