My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T - is this true?

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

With the 2000T the front panel LED has a number of functions. A red LED can either mean it is switched into standby or it is recording - bizarre; (blue is on) I read somewhere that you can tell when the 2000T is recording as the red light changes in intensity.

I'm sure the person that wrote that was possibly drunk at the time and just staring at the red light. I have checked this a number of times and the intensity does not appear to alter. I have even filmed it.

Can anyone else confirm this alleged behaviour?

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 15:34:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The dim red light of standby stays dim red even when recording as long as it stays in standby. If the HDR-2000T is recording then switching on the HDR-2000T does brighten the red light.
    Toggling between standby and on when it is recording does demonstrate the difference in intensity.

If you are not sure whether it is switched on or not and want to switch it on then use the '0' button as that will switch it on if it was in standby and won't do anything horrible if it's not.

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 15:40:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I will try it later when it's recording the early evening news and report back.

It's a pretty feeble indication though surely? I know they were building to a price point but I would have thought they could have run to some sort of recording indication that wouldn't have increased costs.

Mind you they forget to include pass-through so goodness knows what sort of a day the designer was having when he had the 2000T on his drawing board.

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 16:10:17 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. I do not drink.
    2. I did not allege, I stated my observations on this forum.

Link to post.

Pass through was not forgotten, there were hardware limitations which have been overcome with a software fix

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 17:49:18 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 39 minutes ago  » 
    1. I do not drink.
    2. I did not allege, I stated my observations on this forum.
    Link to post.

Pass through was not forgotten, there were hardware limitations which have been overcome with a software fix

Interesting read Barry. I take your point regarding pass-through. If you have followed a few of my posts on the subject you will note I am now using a splitter as I found I found the update less than perfect.

Luke was right about the two shades of Red. However, hand on heart if I was to miss seeing the switchover then I wouldn't be able to tell what state the machine was in - barmy.

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 18:35:27 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

A trick I use to tell if the Humax is off or off & recording is to put a spare fibre optic cable into the SPDIF socket. This gives me an extra red light to tell me the machine is working (probably recording). Needless to say this wont work if you use the SPDIF for your audio connection or don't have a spare cable. It isn't 100% reliable - you still need to be able to see the difference between dim red and not-so-dim red.

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 19:26:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

EEPhil - 26 minutes ago  » It isn't 100% reliable - you still need to be able to see the difference between dim red and not-so-dim red.

Out of curiosity I sometimes have a USB LED plugged in
    The USB LED light stays off in standby if power saving is turned off and the HDR-2000T has been in standby for at least 40 minutes before the next recording's scheduled start time.
    Is it the same with the optical out?

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 20:01:06 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have something similar though only as a consequence of running out of HDMI ports some time ago.

The 2000T is routed through a HDMI hub which has a tiny LED for each port. As the 2000T HDMI port becomes active I can see the LED light up behind the TVs glass stand (if I do a bit of nifty neck craning).

You do have to wonder why Humax couldn't come up with something a bit more inventive though.

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 23:08:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'm amazed at the number of work arounds, all three valid and useful.

Shame that humax didn't spend an extra penny (one pence) and put a tri-colour led in, whilst they were discussing ways to save money on a proper display or basic display such as they had in the previous FoxT2's

I'd never have thought about spdif, although you're not supposed to look into a fibre-optic cable though

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 6:23:18 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Luke - 13 hours ago  » 

EEPhil - 26 minutes ago  » It isn't 100% reliable - you still need to be able to see the difference between dim red and not-so-dim red.

Out of curiosity I sometimes have a USB LED plugged in
    The USB LED light stays off in standby if power saving is turned off and the HDR-2000T has been in standby for at least 40 minutes before the next recording's scheduled start time.
    Is it the same with the optical out?

I should have added that I normally have power saving ON.

From what I've seen the optical out behaves like your USB LED.

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 9:48:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.