My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

3TB Western Digital HDD

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mahelf

Hi,

I tried to connect a 3 TB Western Digital My Book HD formated EXT3 with my Windows XP PC's Paragon HD Manager Software.

i) 3 TB single EXT3 partition : message "No more storage available" when trying to copy from internal HD to WD HD

ii) 3 TB divided in two 1.3 TB partitions : same message for both "sda1" and "sdb2" partitions' folders shown in the File manager

iii) 3 TB divided in three 930 MB partitions : copy only possible from internal HD to first "sdb1" partition displayed in File Manager.
    Copy impossible to each of both "sdb2" and "sdb3" partitions' folders (message "No more space available").

Because I cannot access the rear side of my Humax (big furniture quite impossible to move alone) I could only try with USB2 front panel's socket.

Maybe results could have been different with rear USB1 socket?
    I gave up and decided to keep this 3 TB disk to copy old "home made" burned DVDs' contents, since I heard these could disappear within some delay.

I plan to use other 1 or 1.5 TB disks to avoid any further problem with my Humax.

Any other experience results with a 3 TB disk ?

Regards,
    Mahelf

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 21:32:10 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.