My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200t has lost Recordings / Channel Scrambled

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ronc01

Hi, Need Help on behalf of my in-laws - they have the above recorder, which they used with an Analogue TV, Connected via Scart Cable, they do NOT have an Upgraded Aerial, still on Analogue.
    I recently got them a Samsung LE32C530F1W HD TV.

There is only 1 Scart Port on the TV which is connected to the Humax box, the Analogue Aerial Cable is connected to the Aerial Socket on the Humax.

Once we selected 'EXT' as the source we could get the expected channels on the TV, (You cannot see anything if you select 'TV' as the source)

I tested that a pre-recorded program would play, and it did.

But, now a day later we cannot see any of the many pre-recorded programs that were there?

I then tried to tape a program on ITV1,and an icon appeared at the bottom of the screen briefly.

I then went into the appropriate option and selected the 'just' recorded program -

"Channel Unavailable or Scrambled" was displayed.

Can you please advise.

| Wed 20 Jun 2012 13:20:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ronc01

Having received no reply from the email I sent to Humax Support, I phoned the other day.
    The Guy was utterly useless and simply agreed with any diagnosis I cam up with, before putting the phone down as quick as he could.
    Certainly won't be recommending a Humax Again.

| Mon 25 Jun 2012 15:05:22 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum

Firstly sorry for the delay in replying.
    I am a little confused by your description.
    The aerial lead goes to the Humax first, is there then another cable from the humax to the TV?
    I assume the 'Ext' and 'TV' sources are on the TV so if there is no connection from the aerial (RFOUT) on the Humax to the TV you will get no channels on the TV.
    Please confirm the firmware version of the box.

If you cannot see any programmes in the recordings list, or cannot get into the list it would suggest a problem with the hard drive or the connections to it. That it was working prior to the installation of the new TV would suggest the latter.
    If you feel competent (I assume the box is out of warranty given it's a 9200t) then disconnect from the mains, open the lid and gently disconnect and reconnect the cable to the hard drive and motherboard (2 inch wide ribbon cable). replace lid and test. Post back here whether that works or not.

| Mon 25 Jun 2012 21:02:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ronc01

Hi and Thanks for the reply.
    Re: "is there then another cable from the humax to the TV?" - Yes
    There is a scart lead from the humax to the tv.
    I am wondering wether (if possible) I should connect an old style 'RF' cable between them as well.

I will try the reconnecting of the cable as you suggest, if needed.
    Will post back after my next visit over there.
    Cheers

| Tue 26 Jun 2012 15:26:39 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Ronc01 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi and Thanks for the reply.
    Re: "is there then another cable from the humax to the TV?" - Yes
    There is a scart lead from the humax to the tv.
    I am wondering wether (if possible) I should connect an old style 'RF' cable between them as well.

Cheers

Yes I was referring to the aerial loop (RF) cable not a scart.

| Tue 26 Jun 2012 19:46:36 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.