My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T locks up

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

combwork

Can someone tell me please, is the fan on the 9200T meant to be on all the time? Mine is. After a couple of hours the box often locks up. All controls including the ON/OFF button on the remote and controls along the front of the box have no effect. The only thing that unlocks it is turning it off and on at the back.

Could it be overheating? It's on wood blocks giving 1" clearence above a carpet in a cool room.

One odd thing; using the TV remote to chanmge TV display ratios sometimes causes the 9200T to change to the next channel.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 19:05:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

combwork - 2 hours ago  » 
    Can someone tell me please, is the fan on the 9200T meant to be on all the time? Mine is.

If I remember correctly (which is by no means guaranteed) it is on all the time on the boxes from the first couple of years of production.

After a couple of hours the box often locks up. All controls including the ON/OFF button on the remote and controls along the front of the box have no effect. The only thing that unlocks it is turning it off and on at the back.
    Could it be overheating? It's on wood blocks giving 1" clearence above a carpet in a cool room.

I doubt that it is overheating based on what you say. I take it that it is on the latest software version 1.00.23? How old is the disk drive? have you tried a reset to default settings?

One odd thing; using the TV remote to chanmge TV display ratios sometimes causes the 9200T to change to the next channel.

I don't think that is significant.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 21:52:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

combwork

Thanks Martin.

I've tried using default settings. Once loaded I go to the display menue and select 16/9. Works fine. I bought it off Ebay from someone who said it had not much use. There was a small 'dink' in the lid. I took the cover off, pressed it out from inside. Apart from a small amount of dust on the cooling fan the electronics are very clean. I don't know how old the disc drive is.

Going to default without changing anything the software version shows as is PGXTF 1.00.21 dated 24 DEC 2007. If 1.00.23 is more recent is there any way I could find it and load it? I've read that HUMAX aren't supporting this model any more.

| Mon 27 Oct 2014 15:56:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

combwork - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Going to default without changing anything the software version shows as is PGXTF 1.00.21 dated 24 DEC 2007. If 1.00.23 is more recent is there any way I could find it and load it?

You can download it here and I think it might help. See post #2 in this thread Link to 1.00.23 software You probably also want to read Link to flash9200 which describes the software update procedure for the 9xxx models.

| Mon 27 Oct 2014 16:20:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

combwork

Thanks Martin,

I'll try this as soon as I can; been a bit hectic of late.

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 22:18:31 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.