My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T stops recording mid-program

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pastyman

Humax PVR 9200T. S/w version 1.00.23
    I had two programs on EPG set to record. BBC1 program on series record, ITV program on scheduled record. I was watching BBC2. Both recordings started OK. After 30 minutes, whilst continuing to watch BBC2, the screen momentarily blanked and I checked to see what had happened to the recordings. BBC1 recording had stopped, but ITV continued OK. I manually started to record the rest of the BBC1 program.
    The ITV recording stopped OK as expected, but the restarted BBC1 recording needed to be stopped manually after the program finished.(no surprise there I guess).
    I cannot see how this could be a clock issue as both recordings started OK anyway. I have no repeated channels on EPG, although I do have 800 (Big Deal), 801 (Big Deal) & 802 (4 Seven). No padding for start/end is configured. Over 30% of the disk is free, and we have not had any write error issues.
    We have had a few missed recordings recently, and I was beginning to wonder if the clock problem was developing in standby, but this case seems to be a very different problem.
    What could stop a recording before the end of the program? Does it look for an "End of program" signal, or is it based on the program length as in the EPG?
    Any help appreciated!!!

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 15:48:26 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Channels in the 800s usually indicates that you are receiving signals from two transmitters and that is almost certainly causing your problems with recordings. Follow my Manual Search instructions. If you still have those same 800 channels after the Manual Search then the broadcasters have purposely put them there, probably as a temporary measure, and your problem lies elsewhere.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 15:58:54 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I would agree with Biggles here particularly as your 803 (4 Seven) should be - as the name suggests - channel 47 so is probably a repeat that you've overlooked.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 20:13:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pastyman

Hi Biggles,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have manually deleted all channels and manually re-programmed them as per your instructions. 800's are gone. I've also noted another tip on Digitalspy suggesting that there was a problem with series recording over BST/GMT switch. So the re-program and the re-creation of all series record selections might see a solution. Fingers crossed!

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 20:49:29 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

pastyman - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Biggles,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have manually deleted all channels and manually re-programmed them as per your instructions. 800's are gone. I've also noted another tip on Digitalspy suggesting that there was a problem with series recording over BST/GMT switch. So the re-program and the re-creation of all series record selections might see a solution. Fingers crossed!

Yes it seems to affect some, but not all, of the episodes in a series-link during the week after the clock change and then continues as normal afterwards. I've seen this happen on several previous clock changes. Both my 9200 and my friend's 9300 were showing the same set of flagged and non-flagged episodes of Emmerdale and Corro during this week. I simply filled in the gaps with single programme reservations and my friend deleted then re-created the series-links.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 22:48:04 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.