My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300 skipping on playback

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianmcneil

My 9300 regularly skips by 20 to 25 seconds when playing back Points of View (BBC1). The skips occur on captions (ie viewer letters displayed and read out) not on studio filming. The missing text can be viewed on rewind! I had hoped the new series of POV would be ok but it isn't. Is this a problem with POV or with my PVR please?

| Mon 30 Apr 2012 23:47:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianmcneil

I'm disappointed that nobody has responded. This must be the wrong site to get advice.

| Fri 4 May 2012 8:08:07 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If no one else records the programme on a 9300 then obviously the lack of response is not surprising.

I have set this to record on the 6th May as a test.

| Fri 4 May 2012 8:37:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

ianmcneil - 5 hours ago  » 
    I'm disappointed that nobody has responded. This must be the wrong site to get advice.

Hi Ian, you sure do know how to make friends don't you? I don't have a 9300 or watch PoV and never heard of Scott & Bailey. So not much use to you

I'm assuming you've done all the usual, factory reset, checked you don't have multiples of the same channel hidden up in the 800's, made sure the 9300 isn't gettin too hot and as a last resort formatted the hard drive. There was some talk a while ago about DECT phones affecting certain freeview channels so is there anything close by that you suspect may be affecting it.

Aside from that, Barry you're a star for replying, thank you for the support you and others give

| Fri 4 May 2012 13:29:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianmcneil

Thank you Barry and Damian. No I haven't done a factory reset or formatted the hard drive, because I don't want to lose recordings and it wouldn't be worth it for a minor problem. I'm tuned to only one transmitter (Waltham) and the highest numbered channel is 309. The unit doesn't get hot (not at the same time on a Sunday and only during the POV run anyway), and I'm sure I don't have a DECT phone as I've not heard of it!

Good luck with the POV recording Barry!

| Sun 6 May 2012 7:51:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

ianmcneil - 4 hours ago  » 
    the highest numbered channel is 309.

If you press the remote's TV/RADIO button what is the highest number?

ianmcneil - 5 days ago  » 
    My 9300 regularly skips by 20 to 25 seconds when playing back Points of View (BBC1).

Old versions of the software could skip a lot. What version are you using?
    To look this up press MENU and then select System and then Status. The version number will end in something like 1.00.26.

ianmcneil - 4 hours ago  » 
    I haven't done a factory reset ...., because I don't want to lose recordings and it wouldn't be worth it for a minor problem.

The menu option is called 'Default Setting'. It does not delete recordings from the hard drive. It's the HDD 'Format' that you need to avoid.

Have you done a 'Default Setting' since you last updated the software?

| Sun 6 May 2012 12:23:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianmcneil

The highest radio channel is 810 (and there are no duplicates).

Software Version is UPTTF 1.00.26.

No, I haven't done a Default Setting - it's to be avoided I think, because of the need to retune manually as I'm on the border of at least 2 transmitter areas.

| Sun 6 May 2012 15:46:58 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have replicated this, and will point it out to Humax the next time I speak with them.

| Sun 6 May 2012 22:21:19 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianmcneil

Thank you Barry - it's good to know that my 9300 isn't faulty after all!

| Sun 6 May 2012 22:57:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

KJJ

I'm having similar issues with my 9300T. I get really dreadful skipping on playback from certain programmes recorded off BBC3, specifically Family Guy or American Dad, and usually on the newer episodes rather than repeats. It seems to come and go, sometimes it's fine and other times it makes the programmes totally unwatchable. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated!

| Sun 10 Jun 2012 11:42:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.