My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T ~ Determining S/W version by question by phone

(19 posts)
  1. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Tembo11 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just checked
    Forced update worked OK this afternoon with 1.00.26 software and update date of July 2011
    Has left it a loader version 4a.37 though

The loader has to be updated from a computer, it can't be done OTA.

| Thu 5 Jan 2012 23:43:54 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Just for information, I have been helping someone to update software on a 9150 via email. OTA updates failed with an E-HW. I eventually realied that the problem was a very early loader version in conjunction with the fact that the Humax was supplying antenna power to a masthead amplifier. The workaround was to take the box to someone elses house where the installation did not require aerial power and it immediately updated. The long term fix will be to update the loader via the serial port.

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 0:14:56 #12 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Martin, does the early loader only affect the Auto Update system? From your post I'm assuming a user instigated Automatic or Manual Update was possible?

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 0:20:05 #13 |
  4. Tembo11

Tembo11

Is the Loader software seperate to the operating system or contained within?

Is there any obvious negative effect of only having the earlier loader version

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 8:40:31 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Biggles - 9 hours ago  » 
    Martin, does the early loader only affect the Auto Update system? From your post I'm assuming a user instigated Automatic or Manual Update was possible?

It affects both automatic or manual update (because the problem is that the aerial power is lost so there is no reception). I don't understand how you think that my post suggests otherwise; perhaps you could explain?

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 10:38:57 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Tembo11 - 1 hour ago  » 

The loader is seperate from the operating system (although Humax have taken to providing downloads that contain both). Providing the box boots and and automatically updates then updating only the loader will offer no benefit; it will help in a small number of cases for people who have problems.

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 10:43:01 #16 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Martin Liddle - 15 minutes ago  » 

Biggles - 9 hours ago  » 

It affects both automatic or manual update (because the problem is that the aerial power is lost so there is no reception). I don't understand how you think that my post suggests otherwise; perhaps you could explain?

Are you saying aerial power is lost when you go into menu?

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 11:01:03 #17 |
  8. Tembo11

Tembo11

Martin Liddle - 45 minutes ago  » 

Tembo11 - 1 hour ago  » 

The loader is seperate from the operating system (although Humax have taken to providing downloads that contain both). Providing the box boots and and automatically updates then updating only the loader will offer no benefit; it will help in a small number of cases for people who have problems.

Thanks
    The box not having auto-updated even with being set to do so was part of the original problem. Now that a forced updated has worked we can see if the next OTA update works by itself

Richard

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 11:31:32 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Biggles - 1 hour ago  » 
    Are you saying aerial power is lost when you go into menu?

No; that wouldn't have anything to do with the loader. I haven't seen this personally but I suspect it is similar to a problem that affected the 9200 where the loader does not activate the aerial power.

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 12:07:34 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.