My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T - Jumps during playback

(48 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

miket

When trying to watch some programmes recorded a few months ago, the playback jumps forward by several seconds at intervals throughout the programme, almost as if the playback head is being diverted by 'dirt' or 'hairs' on the hard drive. The 'info' is there because it is evident when rewinding back to the start of the offending section. However, replaying the section again is rarely successful.

The 9300T is a 'manager's special' just over 12 months old.
    Any helpful suggestions would be gratefully appreciated

| Sun 27 Nov 2011 20:36:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

maskedwarrior

I have this problem too, anyone have a solution?

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 13:01:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

maskedwarrior

Hi, I've experienced spoiled playback recently when the unit skips ahead, in the same or similar places each time, during the recorded program. However when I rewind slowly all the skipped footage is present.

It's almost like a scratched record or something.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Tony

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 13:14:00 #1 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

This sounds like the very well known problem with the 9150 and 9300 machines. It was first seen on BBC3's Family Guy and American Dad but has been seen on other programmes since. Humax and the BBC are aware but either won't or can't fix the problem. It has been found that if you change the sound track (can't remember which button on the remote but may be 'Audio' or something) then the video will play normally but without audio so that's no good to anybody.

What programmes do you have problems with?

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 13:48:07 #2 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Barry, maybe you could combine this thread with this.

Admin Edit: Merged into this thread

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 13:54:32 #3 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

maskedwarrior

It was during a recording I'd made a while ago of the film The Crazies - I think on Film4??

And since then it's skipped during a much more recent recording, it was an episode in the latest series of 'bakeoff' I'd had on series record. It was unwatchable.

This was a little while ago. I had assumed it was a failing hdd actually, which is why I haven't recorded anything on it since.

I will try and record on it tonight and see what happens.

Meanwhile, any suggestions would be most welcome and thanks for your replies.
    Tony

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 1:47:12 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Do a couple of recordings of Family Guy to see if it is the same as the problem you've experienced, it is possible you have an unrelated HDD problems.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 9:57:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

shuttserv10

I have a similar very intermittent playback sound and picture "stuttering" this can be corrected by operating the playback "pause " - then "play" !! this is worth a try !!

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 19:57:25 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

shuttserv10 - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have a similar very intermittent playback sound and picture "stuttering" this can be corrected by operating the playback "pause " - then "play" !! this is worth a try !!

Yes it does but I think you'll find that if you wind back to before the point the stuttering started, and play, the stuttering will start again at the same point.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 23:54:15 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

pmb

I have a similar problem with my 9150T. I don't watch Family Guy or American Dad so I can't comment on whether it happens with them but the pattern I have identified is that it can happen on any channel but predominantly programmes broadcast between the hours of 21-30 and 22-00. Can anyone else relate to this experience?

| Fri 31 Jan 2014 16:27:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.