My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T stuck on Loader version 4.35

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dotandcom

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone could offer me some advice, please? My 9300T is still on Loader version 4.35, which I think is out of date. I have tried searching for new software automatically and manually and get the message that no new software is available.

A second (related?) issue is that when I turn on the 9300T I get nothing but snow on the TV. I have to turn off the 9300T, wait a minute, and then turn it back on to get any reception. After that it is fine, but it always needs on-off-on to get it working. Is this common?

Grateful thanks for any suggestions for both queries.

All the best,

Chris

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 16:58:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dotandcom - 15 minutes ago  » 
    I wonder if anyone could offer me some advice, please? My 9300T is still on Loader version 4.35, which I think is out of date. I have tried searching for new software automatically and manually and get the message that no new software is available.

The loader isn't usually updated OTA only the main software. What problem are you having that you think a later loader version would help with?

A second (related?) issue is that when I turn on the 9300T I get nothing but snow on the TV. I have to turn off the 9300T, wait a minute, and then turn it back on to get any reception. After that it is fine, but it always needs on-off-on to get it working. Is this common?

How is the 9300 connected to the TV?

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 17:16:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dotandcom

Hi Martin,

Thanks for responding. Much appreciated. To answer your first question, I thought that having an old version of the Loader might account for the second issue, i.e. that it takes two goes to get the 9300 to talk successfully to the TV.

I pulled out the TV and 9300 from their corner and peered behind. At first it seemed that the main form of connection was cobwebs! Once those were swept away I could see that the two are connected by a scart cable. Is that what you meant?

All the best,

Chris

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 11:30:24 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Not all TVs react the same to auto switching but the safe bet is to always switch the TV ON first, let it fire up and then switch ON the Humax. I'm guessing your problem switch-on sequence is; Humax ON > TV ON > snow > Humax OFF > Humax ON > Picture.

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 11:54:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dotandcom

Thanks for the suggestion, Biggles, but unfortunately that's not it. The sequence is TV ON > snow > Humax ON > snow remains > Humax OFF > Humax ON > Picture. I've also tried switching on the Humax first, but no joy. It doesn't make the Humax unusable, it's just an irritation.

Thanks,

Chris

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 12:10:06 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

OK but do you allow enough time for the TV to become fully ON before switching the Humax ON? With the Humax ON and still snow on the TV can you get a picture from the Humax by using the TV's TV/AV button (might be called something else on your TV) to select the SCART socket that the Humax is connected to?

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 12:16:13 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Dotandcom - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the suggestion, Biggles, but unfortunately that's not it. The sequence is TV ON > snow > Humax ON > snow remains > Humax OFF > Humax ON > Picture. I've also tried switching on the Humax first, but no joy. It doesn't make the Humax unusable, it's just an irritation.
    Thanks,
    Chris

I do not know this PVR but my syuggestion would be to delay turning on the unit until it is further into its startup sequence.
    Using the method you use how judge how many seconds elapses before the snow clears and use that delay.

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 12:17:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dotandcom

Right, gents, I think we might have it. The second part of Biggles's second suggestion seems to be a winner. I noticed that when I switch the TV on it automatically operates in TV mode. If I scroll round to V.Tape the picture appears. Still a fiddle, but much, much less than turning things on and off and then on again. I call that a result. Very many thanks to all for your help and for your time. Biggles, name your drink!

All the best,

Chris

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 12:41:21 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Presumably V.Tape (VHS video tape recorder?) is what the SCART socket is called (on the TV) that you've got the Humax plugged into? Normally I would expect the TV to auto-switch to that socket when the Humax is switched ON. Does that socket accept an RGB signal, is there an AV1 SCART socket doing nothing on your TV?

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 12:50:33 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dotandcom

There are only two scart sockets on the back of the TV. One is marked AV, the other is marked V.Tape. I have the Humax connected to the V.Tape socket and a DVD player is connected to the AV socket. If I swap them around the Humax produces a picture immediately, but the DVD player doesn't work (blank screen) - the DVD player only seems to work when connected to the AV socket. I'm afraid I don't know anything about RGB signals.

Chris

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 13:33:27 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.