My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Advice on which PVR to buy

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saffron

Hello everyone - I wonder if you could give me the benefit of your experience and help me choose a new PVR.

I currently have a 9300T (approx. 4-5 years old?) but it has been playing up for some time now - mainly when recording programmes. If the programme begins late it picks up on this and adjusts the start time accordingly but it does not adjust the end time so I am constantly missing the end of programmes. Also I get the juddering on playback which was a common fault many years ago, as I remember, and was fixed by doing a manual retune but for the last few months it has been regularly doing it again. I have retuned several times but to no avail. Both of these issues are driving me to distraction.

I am undecided between the HDR 2000T and the DTR T2100. I am leaning towards the HDR2000 because so far the reviews I have read seem to imply it's slightly better??

As well as watching live tv I do a lot of recording so really need it to be reliable and accurate - are either of these models better/worse than the other in this respect.

Apart from your overall opinion I would also be grateful for some technical help. I have a rather old Sony Plasma TV (not HD obviously) which is still going strong and has fantastic picture and sound quality so I am not intending to replace it in the near future. Unfortunately it does not have an HDMI socket so I would need to connect it to the pvr via the scart socket. From what I have read both of these models have one scart socket but is there any likelihood that the functionality would be affected by using this method.

I know the DTR T2100 has better catch up services but I don't really use this much so it wouldn't sway me either way.

I have also looked at Panasonic and Samsung models as a possible alternative but neither of these have a scart socket.

Anyway, I would be pleased to receive any comments you would like to give.

Many thanks

| Fri 18 Jul 2014 17:02:12 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Without doubt 2000T why, just read the FAQ's on the Youview boxes to see what basic PVR functions are missing.

If HDD space is not a consideration then maybe 1800T which is cheaper.

Plus 1800/2000T will give you access to the IPTV channels if LAN connection is used.

| Sat 19 Jul 2014 12:31:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saffron

Thanks for your reply Barry. Yes the 1800 would have been big enough for me but I was restricting myself to models currently sold by Tesco as I have lots of money off vouchers. Sad I know. It will bring down the price of the 2000T to £142 or the Youview box to £172. In addition, if anything goes wrong with it, I can easily return it to my local store.

So on your advice the 2000T looks an even better deal at that price.

Do you have any comment on my query regarding functionality using the Scart socket?

| Sat 19 Jul 2014 16:24:30 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Saffron - 2 hours ago  » 

Do you have any comment on my query regarding functionality using the Scart socket?

Will work just as well via scart, HD channels will obviosuly not look as good compared to viewing via HDMI.

| Sat 19 Jul 2014 18:35:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saffron

Thanks very much Barry - decision made - it's the 2000T!

| Mon 21 Jul 2014 9:21:57 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.