My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

All Humax 1000S menus shrunk to top-left of screen!

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dmheiland

Hi there,

For some reason, all menus in my Humax Freesat 1000S model have shunk and open in the top-left hand corner of my TV screen. The TV picture displays OK, but the menus are very small and difficult to see - it's almost as if my Humax Freesat 1000s thinks I have a reduced resolution and tried to fit the menus in a smaller space.

I have tried factory reset, software updates, tried everything in the system menus - nothing works. Please help, it looks really bad

Kind regards

David

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 0:42:27 #1 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Posting a photo for us to see would help. Are you sure your TV is not performing a PiP (picture in picture) function?

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 9:48:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

moshep

I had this happen once to me, before the latest software update. Definitely not PiP on the TV as the current channel was being shown full screen but the menu was appearing in a quarter screen section.

Putting the box into standby corrected this for me and I haven't seen it again.

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 17:44:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dmheiland

Definitely not PiP.

I turned it on yesterday and the menu turned into a *tiny* box in the top-left - not even big enough to navigate all menus. I had to guess the menu options for factory reset. Once done it reverted to the small menu referred to above.

Oddly enough, turning it on this morning and my menu reverted to full-screen again! There seems to be no pattern to it.

If it happens again (I'm sure it will as its so sporadic) I'll grab a screenshot and post it.

Thanks
    David

| Mon 14 Jan 2013 12:46:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobby

A similar thing happened to me. It turned out to be the HDMI cable. I was using an older standard cable and not the one supplied with the box. Was trying to output at 720p instead of 1080i as in settings. Needs a "High Speed" one....
    Bob

| Mon 14 Jan 2013 18:35:36 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bobby - 2 hours ago  » 
    A similar thing happened to me. It turned out to be the HDMI cable. I was using an older standard cable and not the one supplied with the box. Was trying to output at 720p instead of 1080i as in settings. Needs a "High Speed" one....
    Bob

The original hdmi spec cable supported in excess of 1080i, if yours did not it must have been faulty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

| Mon 14 Jan 2013 20:48:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobby

Hi Graham,
    The cable I was using was the one I had been using with a Sagem HDR that the HDR1000s replaced.The problem started after changing the TV from an older HD ready TV (that had shown no problems)to a new Full HD TV without changing the cable used to match the output..
    Bob

| Mon 14 Jan 2013 21:09:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

moshep

I had this issue with the shrunken menus again. See the attached image (sorry for the blurry shot!). I had this straight out of standby, even the free time anim at start up was minimised.

I did note that the HDR was recording at the time, so I don't know if this is something to do with it? I stopped the recording (as I didn't want it in any case) and put the box back into standby. Then started the HDR again and the menu was back to the normal size.

I have the latest software, btw!

Attachments

1. photo_(2).JPG (93.6 KB, 1 downloads) 11 years old
    | Mon 18 Mar 2013 15:59:30 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Fotoman

| Sat 15 Aug 2020 10:22:19 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Fotoman

Sorry, trying to get the photo size correct!

| Sat 15 Aug 2020 10:28:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.