My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Annoying Box

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gowman

Worked all day on this one, I've just changed from Sky+ to Freesat & working fine even with a Triax Tri Link modulated output to TV upstairs, sort of replacment for teh second Sky output. However the prime system is teh HDR1000S connected to my LG 32LD790 TV. Trouble is when I switch TV off at TV or on it's remote , the HDR shuts down also unless you pull the HDMI lead out or switch TV source to antenna before switching off TV & then restarting HDR box.

Got to be something better than this, is it one of theHumax HDMI handshake issues I've heard about or is there a simple solution. I cannot access Simplink on this TV

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 16:59:49 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Are you sure you can't disable it on the TV.
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1264176-disabling-lg-s-simplink.html

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 17:12:24 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum.

The problem is the flawed implementation of cec (simplelink) control on your TV. Your TV assumes because you have turned it off that the input devices are no longer needed so tells the box to turn off.

My Panasonic TV has the option to disable cec power control on any input, which is how the cec spec should have been in the first place.

There are two easy solutions.

1 Turn off Simplink on your TV.

2 Disable cec on your hdr 1000S hdmi cable by a simple adaptor

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindy-HDMI-Less-Female-Adapter/dp/B00DL48KVI&tag=blusas008-21

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 17:19:20 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

According to the manual (if I am reading the right one) there is a simplink button on the remote, pressing this should display a menu on TV, using <> I to toggle function on/off and press ok to save.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 17:30:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gowman

Sadly no, can't get to Simplink, might try the adaptor if it would work & no Simplink button on remote

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 17:41:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gowman

PS adaptor in the post, will advise outcome

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 18:09:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gowman

Scared to say it in case it doesn't last but without any further adjustments since the problem it's suddenly working perfectly. Either there are good gremlins about or perhaps it's picked up an update?

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 8:51:09 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gowman

Update is that it went back to it's bad old ways but I got an Amazon/Lindy no 41232 HDMI F/M CEC Less Adaptor which is male & female ended & sinply plug in on the HDMI line. There is no connection on pin 13 hence ir resolves the issues. Hope this helps someone else also & Humax now seem to at least recognise now there are issues.

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 18:10:50 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Humax is doing what it's supposed to do, in respect of this there is no issue. The issue here is the cec control spec and the fact that there is apparently no way to turn it off on your TV. This will make the TV pretty unusable with all sorts of other kit that has CEC control capability.

Out of interest why do you need your box to be booted if the TV is off ?

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 19:05:30 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gowman

That's all fine & unless Humax stays on I can't get the signal to the second tv

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 19:18:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.