My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Argghhh!! 2000T has retuned itself!!!

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

Just settled down to do the retune on our Freeview equipment only to find that the new 2000T has done it itself! How annoying!

The way I've done retunes on the 9300T is to make a note of the recording schedule, retune, and redo the schedule. I was expecting to do the same on the 2000T.

What a stupid design. Suppose I was away for a few weeks: I'd come back to find that no programs had recorded. I feel a strongly worded email to Humax coming on...

Is there a way to stop it doing retunes automatically?

| Wed 3 Sep 2014 16:01:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

I've just discovered that it retuned in the middle of a recording, thus stopping it. Unbelievable!!

This box isn't fit for purpose - it may go back.

| Wed 3 Sep 2014 16:09:26 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Did you ignore the on screen message then.

| Wed 3 Sep 2014 17:14:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Alan White - 1 hour ago  » 
    Is there a way to stop it doing retunes automatically?

That did not happen to me. My HDR-2000T (software 1.00.07)was in standby during the recording. Was yours in or out of standby when it retuned?

I only switched mine back on after the recording had finished. It came up a pop-up asking if I wanted to retune 'Now' or 'Later' with the focus being on 'Now'. I presume that if I had left it then the 2000T the pop-up would have timed out and the 2000T would have retuned itself.

I also have an HD-FOX T2 that came up with the same message. What I find curious is that on both I selected 'Later' but it is only the HD-FOX T2 that keeps on displaying the same pop-up whenever I change to a channel on a different multiplex. I've even powered down my 2000T at the mains and rebooted from cold and it still will not repeat the message.

I won't force it to retune but instead wait a few days to see if the message comes back.

| Wed 3 Sep 2014 17:21:20 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

My HDR 1800T and 2000T were actually recording when I checked, pop up dismissed by highlighting later, timers recorded without issue.

Have just checked subsequent timers - dismissing pop up highlighting later and they have recorded without issue.

| Wed 3 Sep 2014 18:46:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 13 hours ago  » 
    My HDR 1800T and 2000T were actually recording when I checked, pop up dismissed by highlighting later, timers recorded without issue.
    Have just checked subsequent timers - dismissing pop up highlighting later and they have recorded without issue.

You mention dismissing the pop-up twice - once while they were recording and again later. I've dismissed the pop-up once yesterday (after it had completed a recording in standby) and my 2000T's pop-up has yet to return. Please would clarify whether you dismissed the pop-up on your 2000T more than once i.e. whether or not the pop-up returned after dismissing it on your 2000T?

| Thu 4 Sep 2014 8:39:40 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

More then once..i.e. it returned on next boot...some 6 hours later.

| Thu 4 Sep 2014 10:11:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 51 minutes ago  » 

Have you any suggestions why by selecting 'Later' just the once my 1.00.07 HDR-2000T pop-up has not returned?

It was switched it off at the mains for a few minutes yesterday evening and then turned fully on in a final attempt for the day at getting the pop-up again, and overnight it was in standby before being switched on again early this morning. It has not retuned when I was not looking as all the channels are still as they were previously with the deleted ones not reappearing and the schedule is still intact.

| Thu 4 Sep 2014 11:25:11 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Luke - 25 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 51 minutes ago  » 

Have you any suggestions why by selecting 'Later' just the once my 1.00.07 HDR-2000T pop-up has not returned?

No idea, sorry.

| Thu 4 Sep 2014 11:54:32 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

Barry - 1 day ago  » 
    Did you ignore the on screen message then.

Not so much "ignore" as "didn't see". No-one was watching the 2000T at the time it decided to throw away the schedule and a current recording.

I understand from this and other threads that there's a popup when a retune is suggested and that the default answer is "yes" and the box will timeout to that. This is nonsense: the default answer to any destructive action should always be "no".

My email to Humax is on the way. I encourage anyone else who is concerned about this to do the same.

| Fri 5 Sep 2014 9:02:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.