My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Bad or no signal

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stex07

After 2 years of problem free viewing my Foxsat HDR now shows 'No or bad signal' repeatedly and is unwatchable and doesn't record. I've searched on this forum and followed the excellent instructions for refitting the F Connectors but still the problem persists. I'm guessing the problem must now be in the dish itself. I'd be grateful for any thoughts out there before I call in the professionals!

| Sun 7 Dec 2014 17:18:55 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Stex07 - 49 minutes ago  » 
    After 2 years of problem free viewing my Foxsat HDR now shows 'No or bad signal' repeatedly and is unwatchable and doesn't record. I've searched on this forum and followed the excellent instructions for refitting the F Connectors but still the problem persists. I'm guessing the problem must now be in the dish itself. I'd be grateful for any thoughts out there before I call in the professionals!

It could be a failing LNB or possible water ingression in the cable.
    Is the problem channel related? If so post channel details including regions.

| Sun 7 Dec 2014 18:10:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stex07

Thanks for your response Repassac. It varies a bit but it's pretty much all channels. I think your idea of water ingress in the cable is a good one. The problem has occurred largely since recent heavy rain. Presumably, if this is the case, I would need to cut off a bit of cable and start again at the dish end (apologies for the not-very-technical terms! and use some of the much-recommended grease.

| Sun 7 Dec 2014 19:20:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stex07

Thanks for your response Repassac. It varies a bit but it's pretty much all channels. I think your idea of water ingress in the cable is a good one. The problem has occurred largely since recent heavy rain. Presumably, if this is the case, I would need to cut off a bit of cable and start again at the dish end (apologies for the not-very-technical terms! and use some of the much-recommended grease.

| Sun 7 Dec 2014 19:20:58 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stex07 - 13 minutes ago  » 

If you have water in the cable you should replace the entire cable. especially if the coax has air spaced dialectric rather than solid foam.

| Sun 7 Dec 2014 19:37:04 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.