My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

BBC (One) HD sound drop outs

(4 posts)
  1. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Could someone update me on this? I've not been keeping up-to-date on the BBC tests or is it the HDR-FOX T2 that's the problem?

I got sound drop-outs watching MotD recorded from BBC One HD last night.

| Sun 28 Aug 2011 9:18:58 #1 |
  2. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Some time ago the BBC changed their encoders. Since then several people have reported sound drop-outs as you describe.

It seems to affect some TV manufacturers but not others. I have read elsewhere that SONY have issued an updated firmware to some of there models.

TBH, I have a Philips TV and HDR FOX-T2 and initially I too had drop-outs, however, they seem to have stopped without any intervention on my part.

| Sun 28 Aug 2011 13:58:31 #2 |
  3. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Thanks for the update. I wonder why there hasn't be a big fuss about this. It certainly annoyed me just watching MotD.

| Mon 29 Aug 2011 18:40:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

The HDR Fox T2 has never suffered sound drop outs due to the BBC HD encoders. My parents' Sony TV used to have the issue before I upgraded its firmware, but the HDR Fox T2 never exhibited the problem whatching the same programmes.

Note the drop outs only affected BBC HD because only the encoder for BBC HD switches between 1080i50 and 1080p25 dynamically. BBC1 HD does not do this and has never had the sound drop outs, and you report the problem on BBC1 HD. So whatever it is it is unrelated to the i/p switching issue that affected Sony TVs. I suggest you check your cables and your amp.

| Sun 18 Sep 2011 0:29:22 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.