My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Brand new box - Film4 missing

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nxman

About two weeks ago I purchased a 2000T to replace a very old 9200T. I've had two failed recordings (0 minutes) on Film4 and this led me to find that I have no picture on Film4 (channel 15) at all. I just get a message stating that "no programmes are being broadcast". I am reasonably technically competent and have done some of the obvious things:
    1. Checked that I can receive Film4 on another television connected to the same aerial.
    2. Used Automatic Search (again).
    3. Removed aerial and done Automatic Search (to delete all channels); then reconnected aerial and done another Automatic Search.
    4. Reset to defaults and then done Automatic Search.
    In all cases the result is the same. All other channels seem to be fine (including ITV and More4 which I believe are on the same Mux).

I am very confused by this and can't see any reason for the behaviour (other than a broken box).

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 9:19:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Do you have channels with numbers over 800 ? Is there another Film 4 in these if you have 80X channels ?

Welcome to the forum.

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 9:53:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nxman

Hello Graham,

Yes, I do seem to have a single channel in that range. It is ITV on channel 800. There are no others and no additional Film4.

Thanks,
    Simon

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 10:12:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Which transmitter do you receive from? Press Menu then select Settings>System>Signal detection. Press right arrow (to right of OK); tell us the list of multiplex channel numbers displayed.

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 10:24:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nxman

Hi Martin,

I am pretty certain I receive from Ridge Hill. The channel numbers I see in Signal Detection are: 21, 22, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29.

Thanks,
    Simon

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 10:39:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Nxman - 24 minutes ago  » 
    I am pretty certain I receive from Ridge Hill. The channel numbers I see in Signal Detection are: 21, 22, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29.

That looks fine. I assume you can receive ITV (channel 3) OK which is on the same multiplex as Film4?

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 11:05:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nxman

Martin,

Yes, ITV is fine.

I must admit I am really confused by this issue. I can't think of any fault that would be so specific as to knock-out a single channel, yet that seems to be the case.

Do people think I should return the box? Or is it still possible that there is something I can do to fix it?

Simon

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 11:12:28 #7 |
  8. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

I had to re-scan my TV very recently because of the same issue - Film 4 was missing.

Try a re-scan of the channels.

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 11:49:27 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nxman

Hi FenderBender,

I have done a rescan several times. I've also deleted all the channels (by rescanning without an aerial) and also done a full Default Reset. Unfortunately, none of these things has resulted in Film4 having a picture.

Thanks,
    Simon

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 11:52:45 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

This is a strange one indeed

Just to satisfy my curiosity, watch Chan 3 ITV, press list and with 3 highlighted press the info button, what Ch number is displayed on bottom line of pop up. The try the same with Film 4.

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 11:58:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.