My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

bt youview dtr-t1000 psychotic remote

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bartyslartfast

Hi,y,all
    New to forum,new to humax,new to online forums
    Bought a second hand bt youview T1000 on ebay.
    everything fine for a couple of weeks
    Now the box responds very eratically to the remote,ie you have to press buttons on remote several times and commands will just continue on box eg continous scrolling through channel guide,youview guide,volume any command just continues until you press another button on the remote.
    using the remote to carry out any operation has become a game of russian roulette.
    have reset box to no avail.
    software updates ok.
    the novice in me thinks it is just a faulty remote control but i suspect that it,s not that simple.
    please advise

| Mon 30 Jun 2014 21:04:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Hi bartyslartfast.

To be honest, I doubt if this is a problem with the remote. Quite a number of users have reported faults with the DTR-T1000.

Did the seller describe the box as in working order? If so, I would suggest contacting them to report the problem, and see if you can get your money back.

If you prefer to keep it and try to get it working, the first step would be to try a Maintenance Mode reset. See instructions at http://videos.youview.com/support/maintenance_mode.pdf

This may not help, given that you say the box has already updated itself, but it's worth a try.

| Tue 1 Jul 2014 8:11:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bartyslartfast

Thanks for suggestions,JamesB
    Have tried maintenance mode reset ,no joy there and i seriously doubt i would have much luck with the ebay seller as some time has elapsed since purchase on auction and it was fine for a couple of weeks.
    i guess i,ll have to resign myself to using the remote control as if it is some kind of speed reflex test.
    i might get it down to a fine art.
    It has miraculously corrected itself briefly on 2 or 3 occasions but fault always returns eventually.
    Oh well !!! ebay,s always a bit of a lottery , i guess
    Cheers,anyway

| Tue 1 Jul 2014 11:56:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If you find the box develops further problems and becomes unusable, you may want to contact either Humax (who'll probably just offer to sell you a refurbished replacement) or Richer Sounds, who have a repair service (http://www.richersounds.com/information/service)

Or chuck it and buy the newer version (T2100/T2200) which is said to be a big improvement.

Good luck.

| Tue 1 Jul 2014 12:37:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bartyslartfast

Cheers for suggestions.
    I,m gonna ask one of those really dumb questions ,now
    What kind of price range would richer sounds charge?
    I know there are so many variables but considering i got the box for £60 i,m wondering how much to spend on it to repair, (if at all )

| Tue 1 Jul 2014 15:53:27 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

RS would charge £40 to analyse the fault. If repairable, they'd give you a quote. If you take it up, I think the £40 is deducted from the charge.

But no, if it was me I wouldn't spend the money to get it repaired. I'd put the cash towards buying a better box.

| Tue 1 Jul 2014 16:23:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bartyslartfast

Sound advise,Sir
    Many thanks

| Tue 1 Jul 2014 19:55:16 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.