My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Can you watch video via USB ?

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Memnon

I did ask a Q a while back but didn't really get the answer for the specific Q.
    If I put videos on a USB stick or USB HDD can I plug this into HDR-FOX T2/1TB and play them.

Would seem a sensible thing that the box would support.

If so what format do they need to be in.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 15:24:46 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Memnon - 17 minutes ago  » 
    I did ask a Q a while back but didn't really get the answer for the specific Q.
    If I put videos on a USB stick or USB HDD can I plug this into HDR-FOX T2/1TB and play them.
    Would seem a sensible thing that the box would support.
    If so what format do they need to be in.

Yes - Note this is a HD FOX T2 thread.

Briefly for SD 576i mpeg2 and for HD 1080i and 1080p AVC/H264 or MP4 compressed. Native container is transport stream (.ts) but other containers and resolutions also work.

Audio MP2, ac3 (2.0 or 5.1) and aac (2.0 or 5.1). DTS is not supported nor is passed to a DTS capable amp.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 15:46:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Memnon

I'll put Q where it should be - and my exra info

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 16:00:46 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Memnon - 1 minute ago  » 
    I'll put Q where it should be - and my exra info

If you wait a bit a kindly moderator may shift both posts for you.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 16:03:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Memnon

I looked at majority of my videos ... they are all in .avi container and a mix of
    mp4, DV or Lagartith
    In the main 720 x 567 25fps PAL

Tried memory stick but when initially plugged in it jumps to main menu ... but does not bring up the mem stick or itc contents.

If I have to convert to .ts .... anyone know of suitable free programs for this (have Vegas, VirtualDub, Cinema HD4)

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 16:26:54 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I doubt DV will work, most any video editor will create mpeg2 from DV. It will be in a programme stream container (.mpg) but I guess they will work OK. If not TSMuxerGUI will convert to .ts without re-coding for mpg and mp4 content.

http://tsmuxer.software.informer.com/1.1/

Never heard of Lagartith. You have a typo I hope they should be 720 x 576 (576i).

When you plugged in the stick did you get a on screen box and then select VIDEO ?

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 16:41:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Memnon

Lagarith a loss free codec much moved by video editors ... use it when I do video captur:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagarith

Yes was a typo 720 x 576

and have now converted files as sample .. and it works .. impressed that it must do up-scaling pretty well, looks very good on my 48" HD TV
    Thanks for the help.

p.s. I also downloaded Wondershare Video Converter (free) very simple and easy to use, and also works fine.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 16:58:58 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Memnon - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Lagarith a loss free codec much moved by video editors ... use it when I do video captur:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagarith
    Yes was a typo 720 x 576
    and have now converted files as sample .. and it works .. impressed that it must do up-scaling pretty well, looks very good on my 48" HD TV
    Thanks for the help.
    p.s. I also downloaded Wondershare Video Converter (free) very simple and easy to use, and also works fine.

That sounds like the cineform format which like DV is intraframe compression. It will convert AVC/H264 HD content to intraframe files (Very large files) but much easier to edit in underpowered PC's.

Pleased you are sorted.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 17:15:09 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.