My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Can't access TB drive on Humax Foxsat

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JackieC

Hope somebody can help. I have a Foxsat HDR and recently attached a TB drive so I could transfer all my films I want to keep. My friend sorted it out as Humax being Linux programming, he explained the drive would have to be made compatible. Must admit, I didn't really understand, but it worked a treat. After a clean up behind my TV, we unplugged everything and plugged it back in and now, for some reason only one of the tuners is working. Everything is plugged in properly, the Sat dish is working perfectly. I rang Humax and asked them for help, they suggested formatting the drive, which I did, wiping all my programmes in the process anyway, it didn't work. So, my questions are, first, any ideas why only one tuner is working, and secondly, why cant I access my external drive, this shouldn't have been affected by the format

| Wed 3 Dec 2014 20:33:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum.

No idea why Humax suggested formatting your hard disk, and can't understand why your external hard disk is involved.

First thing to check is that your coax cables are connected to the two outer connections on the rear of the box with nothing on the middle one.

If not correct the connections and carry out a factory reset. (you will have to re-enter your recording schedule after, so make a note of it first).

If your connections are correct, come back as it's likely to be as simple as a bad connection to the tuner 2 input.

Your friend understands the Foxsat uses the Linux operating system and only supports the Linux file systems apart from Windows FAT32 which only is able to cope with file smaller than 4GB, which will preclude many HD recordings and very long SD ones.

The drive will have been formatted EXT3.

| Wed 3 Dec 2014 21:56:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JackieC

Hi, thank you so much for your response, we checked the connections and they are correct. What do you mean by the tuner two input?

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 0:14:59 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Each LNB connection is to a tuner.
    I suspect that one of the LNB connections is faulty - Try removing and re-fitting the F-connector to the connection with no signal. The connection must make a good electrical circuit and no part of the earth screening should touch the inner core.

Your external disk - how is it connected/powered - USB?

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 8:38:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JackieC

The external drive is connected via a USB

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 23:34:30 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.