My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

changing reciever

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

minty

Hi all

I've been a happy user of a Humax Foxsat HDR for many years now, but it's getting a litle old, sometime the controls wont work, neither on the machine or on the remote control, and I have to switch it of and back on so that it works again.

So I'm thinking about changing it for the HDR-1000S which unless mistaken is the same but more recent, either the 500 or 1TB model

For info, I live near Paris in France, have two dishes

Any ideas or suggestions ?, am I right in this model ?, the HDR1010s doesn't interest me as I don't need the wifi

Thanks, for any suggestions, or other ideas

Minty

| Sun 13 Jul 2014 18:36:28 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

minty - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Hi all
    I've been a happy user of a Humax Foxsat HDR for many years now, but it's getting a litle old, sometime the controls wont work, neither on the machine or on the remote control, and I have to switch it of and back on so that it works again.
    So I'm thinking about changing it for the HDR-1000S which unless mistaken is the same but more recent, either the 500 or 1TB model
    For info, I live near Paris in France, have two dishes
    Any ideas or suggestions ?, am I right in this model ?, the HDR1010s doesn't interest me as I don't need the wifi
    Thanks, for any suggestions, or other ideas
    Minty

Please more on the two dishes - Less is known how a HDR-1000S would support this (not well currently I think)

| Sun 13 Jul 2014 18:48:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

minty

Two 80cm dishes, one for each entry on the Foxsat HDR

I only use them to capture Freesat, as that all I need

| Sun 13 Jul 2014 19:50:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

minty - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Two 80cm dishes, one for each entry on the Foxsat HDR
    I only use them to capture Freesat, as that all I need

Effectively that's the same as using a single dish with a multiple output lnb.

The HDR1000S will work the same as the Foxsat-HDR, it has no way of telling it's two inputs are in fact on different dishes.

Not sure how you arrived at this situation. Normally you would stick a single quad lnb on one dish and connect two outputs.

Repessacs concern was based on having two different dishes pointing at different satellites. The HDR1000/1010S does not have the same amount of support for reception from multiple orbital points.

| Sun 13 Jul 2014 20:05:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

minty

Normally you would stick a single quad lnb on one dish and connect two outputs
    I know but it was easier just to put a second dish, pointing to the same satellite

Is the HDR1000/1010S much better than my old Fowsat HDR ?

Thanks again

| Sun 13 Jul 2014 21:22:05 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Depends on your definition of better.

The Foxsat-hdr offers more capability for those who want to view satellite TV from other satellites, or view the recordings on other kit connected to your home network

If you are happy with your Foxsat-HDR without any mods then yes the Freetime boxes have advantages.

1 Improved picture quality, especially on HD channels

2 The full gamut of catch up services (including BBC in HD 720p format) (provided the box is connected to the internet)

3 Catch up services displayed on a backwards epg for all 4 of the major catch up PSB broadcasters (provided the box is connected to the internet)

4 The ability to connect a usb drive with video contents (media player) and watch on your TV

5 The capability to watch video content stored on other kit connected to your home network. (DNLA client capability)

6 The ability to view Youtube content selected via a tablet PC directly on your TV via the freetime box

7 Remote scheduling of recordings if you have a ios tablet PC.

8 Showtime recommended programme series recording

9 Book me ads for forthcoming series selectable by pressing OK

10 Recording of programmes you have started to watch in full by simply pressing the record button. If two recordings are already in progress then this will work once one of the two recordings in progress finishes)

Certain to have missed a few

| Sun 13 Jul 2014 21:44:17 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

A replacement universal remote would be a cheaper solution to try to resolve the response issue. As would scraping some of the coating off the back of the front panel flap to allow the IR receiver a better view of the remote control.

| Mon 14 Jul 2014 9:13:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

minty

"A replacement universal remote would be a cheaper solution to try to resolve the response issue. As would scraping some of the coating off the back of the front panel flap to allow the IR receiver a better view of the remote control."

Thanks but sadly that not the problem as even the buttons on the reciever wont work, need to switch of the power and reboot so that I can change a channel

| Mon 14 Jul 2014 13:16:35 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Sounds like a problem with the front panel which in theory I think is an easy replacement repair job.

| Mon 14 Jul 2014 15:34:00 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.