My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Channel change problem

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

neal

I bought a humax hdr-1000s few weeks the problem is when I go to change channels; the channels go haywire it goes through the channels really fast when I go to press the remote control it doesn't respond and when I go to try and change channel the remote doesn't respond. can anyone help

neal

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 20:09:16 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Neal

1. Moved post to correct area.

2. First thing to try would be a factory reset.

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 23:55:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have experienced similar problems when the sun is shining thru the window direct onto the shiny black surface of the box. On drawing the blinds the problem disappears.

| Tue 24 Dec 2013 10:51:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

I had a TV that did something like this once, although you could not even change channel with the remote. It turned out that one of the buttons used to get stuck down and just made the remote inoperative until it was released, but doubt that is the problem in this case. Just a random thought, has anything liquid been spilt on the remote recently? Yes I know, I should get out more

| Tue 24 Dec 2013 14:10:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

neal

fist off all thanks for all the responses ...

my humax now works perfectly I tried about 3 factory resets didn't seem to work when I pressed the remote control it scanned through the channels very quickly and it was hard to get the right channel I also unplugged the aerial and power still nothing. Then I put the remote control right next to the humax box and pressed the buttons it started to respond now works perfect. Seems weird it wouldn't respond to anything thing then put it next to the humax box then suddenly works...

hope this helps someone in the future

regards neal

| Sat 28 Dec 2013 9:53:21 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.