My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Configuration Problems

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

julianp

Newbie here, Just installed raydon's media bundle 4.0.8 and I can access the interface and have downloaded mediatomb.

Now I want to be able to watch the SD videos on the foxsat on my wdtv live and ipad. I've searched the forums and find lots of different advice. Does anyone have any clear instructions for someone unfamiliar with telnet, ftp etc?

Thanks in advance.

| Sun 19 Aug 2012 18:55:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Hello,

I don't think there's a set of instructions as such. Everyone's set up is different and any instructions which covered all the variables would be huge.

I think the first requirement for what you want is to have the HDR set up as a media sever. This means it needs to be running either Twonky or Mediatomb. Both can be installed, but only have one of them enabled - you might need to experiment which one works best for you. Maybe try Mediatomb first.

Check that is installed and running from the 'service management screen'.

I don't have an Ipad or a WDTV, so I can't be specific, but I assume they should have a menu to locate and browse media servers.

Try it and see. If/when you get stuck ask.

Good luck.

Dino

| Mon 20 Aug 2012 7:51:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

julianp

Great Thanks. I've installed mediatomb and I can play videos on my wdtv live! (although it does take a long time to buffer, I presume that's the slow cpu in the WDTV?)

It's been mentioned to use buzzplayer for iPad but it gets terrible reviews? Anyone using it ?

Thanks
    Julian

| Mon 20 Aug 2012 10:15:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

According to this post, it works with the HDR. Give it a go. What's to lose ?

http://www.avforums.com/forums/14025819-post97.html

| Mon 20 Aug 2012 10:36:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

julianp

That'll teach me to read reviews! buzzplayer works perfectly!

Thanks

| Mon 20 Aug 2012 13:28:23 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.