My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Configure Remote to operate TV

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alchad

Hi,

I've got a HDR 1000s and have just set it up with a Triax Tri-link to operate another television in the bedroom using a "magic eye".

Rather than move the remote from one room to the other, I've bought a new one and had it in my mind that I'd be able to control - or at least switch on the bedroom TV using the "T/AV" button in the top middle of the remote.

I thought a quick Google would tell me what I need to do, but a good hour or so later and after visiting many forums, I'm non the wiser.

I've looked at all the dowmloadable RCU lists on the Humax support website but non of them seem applicable to my remote (RM 102S). From other forums it appears that there is an almost identical (newer/older?) remote which has a TV/AV button which lights up if pressed. However the one I've just ordered appears the same as my existing one which doesn't have a light up type of button.

So is it that you could program the old one remotes, but not the latest - which seems odd. I did try to follow a link to the humax direct website which someone posted about on the forum concerning new remotes, but they seem to have closed down in January.

Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks

Alchad

| Sun 15 Feb 2015 13:21:40 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RM-108U is the remote type that has TV control capability.

eg

http://www.aerialsat.com/prod/humax-hb-1000s-freesat-remote-rm-i08u.html

| Sun 15 Feb 2015 13:36:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gobbmeister

grahamlthompson - 5 months ago  » 
    RM-108U is the remote type that has TV control capability.
    eg
    http://www.aerialsat.com/prod/humax-hb-1000s-freesat-remote-rm-i08u.html

Hi guys

I have the RM-I08U for my HB-1000S and I cannot configure it to control my TV. The instructions state to hold TV until the button stays lit. I don't have a TV button and neither does the remote in your link.

| Thu 6 Aug 2015 12:54:46 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Later versions of the RM108U do have the tv button.

| Thu 6 Aug 2015 12:57:17 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.