My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Connection Instructions

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

Hi Guys,

I just joined here so, Hi.

I bought my new box today and I love it, but I have one question:

Can you please tell me if I can use both my Sky+ HD box without a subscription and also my HDR 1000S?
    I have two cables running from the dish.I want to use the HDR 1000S to record and the Sky+ box to watch programs, as I don't want to pay the £10.00 to use their recording facility.

Will two cables be enough or do I have to run another cable from the dish, as this will be a problem. You see I live in a ground floor flat and I gave my second pair of LNBs to my upstairs neighbour to connect his Sky, as I didn't want 2 dishes hanging on the wall.

Please tell me that I only need 2 cables, 1 for Sky and 1 for the HDR

Thanks for any help

| Sat 29 Nov 2014 0:20:42 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

You can, but you'll be limited in functionality if you require recording 2 channels at the same time.
    If you have no subscription on the Sky+ box then aren't the available channels the same as what's on Freesat? So why the need to use the Sky+ box at all?

| Sat 29 Nov 2014 1:22:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

Thanks gonzo. I thought I would use it instead of throwing it away and Sky have a few more extra channels, probably more QVC and travel channels:) I thought of selling it on Ebay but it wouldn't be worth the hassle and for just £30.00!
    It's a shame that I can't record 2 channels while watching an HD channel on the Sky box, that would be ideal, instead of having to watch a previously recorded program.
    Oh well, thanks again.

| Sat 29 Nov 2014 9:02:34 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mexicano - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks gonzo. I thought I would use it instead of throwing it away and Sky have a few more extra channels, probably more QVC and travel channels:) I thought of selling it on Ebay but it wouldn't be worth the hassle and for just £30.00!
    It's a shame that I can't record 2 channels while watching an HD channel on the Sky box, that would be ideal, instead of having to watch a previously recorded program.
    Oh well, thanks again.

You can add any free to air channel on 28.2/28.5E using non freesat mode.

You can also however record two and watch a 3rd channel if you know what you are doing.

For instance you can record say ITV HD and BBC1 HD and also watch BBC2 HD. After one of the recordings finishes you can even record BBC2 HD from the recording buffer.

See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Sat 29 Nov 2014 10:02:23 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.