My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Connection to a home network

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

newarkpaul

We have just purchased a Humax freesat box and are very happy with it. It works well as a standalone unit in our cinema room.

The rest of the house has been cabled up with coaxial points which is currently served by a Sky Box ( 6 year old Samsung box ) which we are keen to replace with another Humax product.

The Samsung SKY box has a RF OUT 2 coaxial socket, which when connected into the "Return" socket in the wall feeds the programme showing around the house, we change channels etc via a magic eye.

Which is the best connection to use at the back of the Humax Box to connect into the Return coaxial socket in the wall ?

Do I need an adaptor /converter ?

Is there a particular freesat humax duel channel product you recommend ?

| Sat 1 Mar 2014 11:18:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Triax Tri Link kit is designed to replicate a Sky Magic Eye system with kit that doesn't natively support magic eyes.

Example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/330738051106?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95

Welcome to the forum.

| Sat 1 Mar 2014 17:00:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

newarkpaul

Many Thanks for that, so what is best way to get my Humax box linked up to the coaxial network ? Which socket do I use in the back of the HDR 1010 as there is no RF 2 Out socket. ?

| Sat 1 Mar 2014 17:04:20 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

newarkpaul - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Many Thanks for that, so what is best way to get my Humax box linked up to the coaxial network ? Which socket do I use in the back of the HDR 1010 as there is no RF 2 Out socket. ?

The Triax link box has the aerial in and the two RF out sockets, you just connect it to the HDR scart socket or the Yellow(Video) and Red/White(Audio) RCA phono sockets.

| Sat 1 Mar 2014 17:25:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

newarkpaul

Thanks for your help & prompt reply. I am a bit slow when it comes to set-up etc etc , but am keen to embrace the Humax brand.

| Sat 1 Mar 2014 17:28:53 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

newarkpaul - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for your help & prompt reply. I am a bit slow when it comes to set-up etc etc , but am keen to embrace the Humax brand.

Only Sky boxes have the magic eye system built in. You would need the same kit whatever Freesat or Freeview box you use.

| Sat 1 Mar 2014 17:34:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

newarkpaul

Hi
    The Humax Box is great,and the setup recommended above worked well. However, Is there an alternative to the Triax Tri Link unit ? Two units have failed, latest one was installed Nov 14 and signal delivered to second TV flashes on and off, 99.9% certain it is the Triax Tri link as when signal was interupted to second TV, replacing Triax unit fixed it. Help please. Thanks

| Fri 6 Feb 2015 8:58:34 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

newarkpaul - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    The Humax Box is great,and the setup recommended above worked well. However, Is there an alternative to the Triax Tri Link unit ? Two units have failed, latest one was installed Nov 14 and signal delivered to second TV flashes on and off, 99.9% certain it is the Triax Tri link as when signal was interupted to second TV, replacing Triax unit fixed it. Help please. Thanks

This looks to do the same job

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Labgear-MRX700-DigiLink-SCART-Converter/dp/B00LFMVLNW&tag=blusas008-21

| Fri 6 Feb 2015 9:29:18 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

newarkpaul

As ever, thanks for your help & prompt reply.......very grateful.

| Fri 6 Feb 2015 9:30:57 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

newarkpaul

As ever, thanks for your help & prompt reply.......very grateful.

| Fri 6 Feb 2015 9:31:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.