My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Copy recodings from USB to HDR1000

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xraytod

Hi - have owned a Foxsat for a coupe of years but recently upgraded to HDR1000S for the better program listing (which is excellent)/ease of use. Would like to copy some recordings from Foxsat to new box so have copied to USB stick (checked on Pc & they appear to be there - .hmi, .hmt, .nts) & then inserted this into HDR box. Menu comes up asking if you wish to copy so I say yes & you get a spinning circle (top rh). Then after a while it stops so I assume copy is complete.

Where do they go to ? Not in Recordings & I cant see any other way to access Hdd content....

Only other issue I have is that the front channels lose volume occasionally & remote doesn't work Av system anymore - but probably off topic !

| Wed 4 Dec 2013 13:01:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You only need the transport stream file for non native content on the G2 boxes. The recordings are uploaded to a non encrypted partition on the box hard disc. You can play them back direct from usb if you wish.

You access either by the Humax menu Video option (Home - Humax)

Note if you install the custom firmware for the Foxsat-hdr and both boxes are connected to your home network then you can play back Foxsat unencrypted recordings directly using the G2 box built in DLNA client. (Media Share in above menu)

Basically any extra capability provided by Humax extra to the standard freetime ui is found under the Humax menu entry.

| Wed 4 Dec 2013 13:30:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xraytod

Graham - thanks for info. Makes sense now ! Might help if the manual actually told you something re the box operation rather than just the Free Time system..... Is there a guide on the forums anywhere ?

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 23:52:36 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Xraytod - 10 hours ago  » 
    Is there a guide on the forums anywhere ?

Not that I am aware of, but could be a good idea for a hints and tips thread for info not in the, as you say, abbreviated manual.

What do you think Barry ?

| Fri 6 Dec 2013 10:52:31 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.