My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Customer service in sink with technical service

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

zerbib

Hello All,

I bought a 1010S yesterday grade A and got it delivered today which I thought was good, but when trying to install it, it didnt power up and was confirmed as faulty. Has anyone experienced such bad luck or similar issue?

Called the customer srv number and ended up speaking with technical services who apparently need to provide authorisation to confirm faulty item but only to new item not grade A, and that was confusing between new item and grade A new item!!!!
    Had to contact customer service again and got an email answer "Unfortunately they are experiencing high volumes of calls and emails at the moment due to being mid season. Once we hear back I assure you that we will contact you. " Contacted technical support again who had no idea of this issue....
    I called back the customer service after 3 emails to express my discontent only to be cut off..

After 4 hours of waiting, I have decided that is it, I want my money back.Terrible customer service and disappointed as I was looking forward to the freesat recorder... hopefully I will find another make!!!

| Fri 5 Dec 2014 15:51:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Grade A = refurbished.

You seem to have quite a few options. Get the box replaced with another Grade A, pay the extra for a new box, or return the box for a refund and buy a different make.

| Fri 5 Dec 2014 16:53:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zerbib

Thx JamesB , quite the standard options but my issue are not related to these options, but highlight the negligence and lack of support when trying to deal with Customer service for delivering a grade A faulty item!!!! They clearly lost my trust and business having to chase them for 3 hours between Cust Srv and tech support.
    As a new client and relatively expensive product I bought, I expected a close look, may be too naive and I am demanding too much ?

| Fri 5 Dec 2014 16:59:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

To be honest, I don't see the point of getting worked up about it. Whatever you decide to do, you're going to need to contact CS again to get the faulty box returned. I would just ring them again and get it done. If you desire to get it in perspective, I recommend signing up for broadband from BT. Their CS makes Humax look very good indeed, in comparison.

| Fri 5 Dec 2014 17:14:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

zerbib

Good comparison with BT CS... shows to me that they are indeed not brilliant....
    When you go from -10C degrees to -5C it's still very cold!!!

| Fri 5 Dec 2014 17:17:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Not too sure if you got tech support to confirm it was faulty or not from your post or who sent who 3 emails and I gather you rang CS 3 times.

It's very rare, but I've bought stuff that's been DOA, dead on arrival and particulary with online sales sometimes it's been easy sometimes impossible to sort out.

Regardless, you should have only needed to call once so no, not naive or demanding too much, unless you think you were?, CS should have been able to sort it out for you within one call. If it's any consolation I've just spent the past hour in a holding queue for HMRC only to be given an address to write into. These things happen from time to time and the poor bod on the other end of the phone at CS has to deal with all sorts of calls and if you've had to wait in a queue they're likely to be pretty stressed already so work with them and if you're unhappy a quick email or formal complaint to somebody higher up who's responsible for better staffing levels and/or training is called for.

p.s. glad to see the title has been decapitalised

| Fri 5 Dec 2014 17:30:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

zerbib

sorry its no consolation!!! HMRC vs HUMAX ( who is a merchant co for selling products and should be able to assist their 'new clients'???).. HMRC big civil servant organisation, umm, let me think???
    having done some research, I am clearly not alone with CS here.. lots of poor or -ve remarks.. and BTW its their job to manage your stress when you are waiting for an hour with a company that wants good & happy customers..
    Anyway, who cares, I am sending back and moving on .. thx

| Fri 5 Dec 2014 17:37:22 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.