My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Does it work?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnZX

Has anyone experience of the HDR1010S Freesat Freetime 1TB working in Southern France? Any comments gratefully received. Thanks!

| Mon 24 Mar 2014 12:58:09 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to the forum. Can you post a more detailed location as the new UK tight spot beams fall off towards the extreme South Of France.

There are a number of websites detailing required dish sizes for the UK spot beams on Astra 2E and Astra 2F.

| Mon 24 Mar 2014 13:06:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnZX

Hi Graham -- Thanks for your quick response. I live in the Nimes-Avignon area, actually in UZES. I have a large dish and receive all the freeview channels using my sky box and card (which isnt registered to a UK address anymore), and continue do so in spite of the recent changes. Any tips you can give to check my "signal" for the 1010S Freesat Freetime will be gladly accepted. THANKS.

| Mon 24 Mar 2014 14:31:42 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Your reception on a 1010S should be the same as the current unit.
    The signals are identical.
    The links at the top of this page http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-2A-2E-2F.html will list those channels using the tighter UK beam Astra on 2E and 2F.

Most catch-up services AKA "On Demand" are mostly IP address filtered and if you need these you will needs to subscribe to a smart DNS service (inexpensive)

What size dish do you have? In 32460, 100cm seems to do the job well except in exceptional rain and hail.

| Mon 24 Mar 2014 14:54:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnZX

Hello Repassac -- THANKS, a great help. Can you please post a "smart DNS service" which I could use? Remember that I am based in France! My dish is 1m diameter. I am not too sure what you mean by 32460. THANKS for your assistance.

| Mon 24 Mar 2014 16:14:53 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.