My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Dolby Digital Out

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodlaw

Hi, I've a question about Dolby Digital. I'm currently only geting Dolby Digital 5.1 when viewing previews on the BBC HD channel. Other shows and recordings marked DD are playing in stereo only. I've checked my settings and have multi-channel selected. I've just come from using the Humax freeview hdr and had no such issues with DD out using my connected Logitech system.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 12:31:06 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

There are not that many programmes that have a DD5.1 soundtrack. If it is working on the BBC HD preview then you have confirmed it is working for you which is as far as you can go for now.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 12:39:47 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to the forum, shouldn't be any difference between the two boxes. HD channels use Dolby Digital (aac converted in the box to DD in the case of Freeview). Much of it DD2.0 (stereo) which your amp will probably say Pro Logic surround. BBC-HD preview is all 5.1, ITV1-HD is never 5.1.

Random check, only found a CH4-HD movie Mona Lisa Smile in 5.1 so far.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 13:00:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodlaw

Thank you for the quick replies. I've only noticed it really since many of the shows we record have remained the same however none are playing in 5.1. Quite a bit of the stuff on CH4-HD would be in 5.1 plus a bit on BBC1-HD. Was definitely the case when viewing on our HDR-FOX T2 but less so on the new 1000S. I've packed up the HDR now so can't directly compare. I'm tempted to unpack it. If for no other reason than to prove to myself I'm not going mad. I'll report back once I've investigated further.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 13:43:03 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.