My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-1000 freezing/crashing

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

brian - 10 minutes ago  » 

m5rcc - 21 hours ago  » 
    Could I then in theory buy a BT 2100 box and use it as 'retail', i.e. without a BT contract?

I'm not sure whether BT would sell you a DTR-T2100, but you can certainly buy a DTR-T2110 from many well known retailers.

T2100s are often available secondhand via ebay, Amazon marketplace, etc.

| Sun 12 Apr 2015 8:19:07 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bradmax

Hello, just joined the forum, ditto to all above. Bought a new unit in November 2012, HD reception started to fail after about 12 months, then the non response to remote and locking up issues until eventually got it replaced Nov 2014, since then had 3/4 replacements, all failed in same way, non response to remote and locking up. I'm now trying the Maintenance reset but it just gets to the "Progressing" part and stalls ? Is the best place the skip ?

| Thu 7 May 2015 8:38:32 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Bradmax - 7 hours ago  » 
    Hello, just joined the forum, ditto to all above. Bought a new unit in November 2012, HD reception started to fail after about 12 months, then the non response to remote and locking up issues until eventually got it replaced Nov 2014, since then had 3/4 replacements, all failed in same way, non response to remote and locking up. I'm now trying the Maintenance reset but it just gets to the "Progressing" part and stalls ? Is the best place the skip ?

Recycling.

The HDD can be re-used if not knackered.

| Thu 7 May 2015 16:18:29 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JamesB - 37 seconds ago  » 
    The HDD can be re-used if not knackered.

and the front panel which is the same as used in the HDR-FOX T2 and sometimes develops a fault.

| Thu 7 May 2015 16:20:06 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bradmax

Thanks for the feed back, I've asked Humax for another replacement as this unit is still under the 6 months they gave me about three replacements ago. Is it software or hardware that is the issue, as it really doesn't like being plugged into the internet ?

| Thu 7 May 2015 17:04:10 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The DTR-T1000 models have a poor record for reliability. Overheating, disc issues - who knows? The box was forced to market in a buggy and unfinished condition, to get it out in time for the 2012 Olympics.

The DTR-T2*** models are said to be a big improvement.

| Thu 7 May 2015 17:24:14 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I agree with JamesB; reliability of the DTR-1000 model seems to be poor; try and persuade them to supply a DTR-2000 even if you have to make a smallish payment.

| Thu 7 May 2015 18:19:20 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.