My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-2100 HD upgrade

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jez2k

Interested in picking one of these up from ebay, but may wait for the t2110 to appear to find out whats different about it.

Initially I was going to pick up an upgraded t1000 with a 2tb hard drive, but I've read in the reviews that the EPG is sluggish and the fan can be noisy.

Then I discovered the newer t2100 model, with a lightning-fast responsive EPG, and no fan, but only 500gb. As I make heavy use of the twin tuners to record things like the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games, I really could use one with a bigger hard drive.

One review included a picture of the Seagate 2.5" hard drive mounted inside. Under the brand name, it said "Video". Does this mean the unit will only work with such hard drives, or can I replace it with a standard 2.5" 2tb drive? If so, is it simply a case of plug-and-play, or would it require some kind of software installation that only an engineer can do?

| Tue 29 Jul 2014 23:14:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

There seems to be very little information as to what distinguishes the T2000, T2100, and T2110 etc. A crucial question is the branding, more than the model number (in my view). Boxes branded BT will get BT updates, regardless of whether they're bought retail or got from BT as part of a TV subscription. Boxes without the BT branding will receive the retail updates. Retail updates come out first, with the usual pros and cons (you get it first but it might be buggy).

As for upgrading to a 2TB drive, you might find that the additional space does not get recognised and therefore can't be used. That's what was reported by a user of a Huawei YouView box (https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/huawei_hard_drive_upgrade). It's possible the same would happen with a Humax model.

| Wed 30 Jul 2014 11:13:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jez2k

I was hoping to find one without the BT logo, but I didn't know about their retail updates. So thanks for that.

I would have thought the T2K series are more closely related to the T1K series than the the Huawei. If a seller on ebay is selling an upgraded T1000 with a 2TB hard drive, then wouldn't it be more likely to work just as well with T2K?

A poster on the forum link you provided said:

"The Humaxes are known to be able to be upgraded to a 2Tb drive and address it properly."

| Wed 30 Jul 2014 17:26:15 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

You could reply to the poster and ask for further information. He might be able to put you in touch with someone who's upgraded a Humax.

| Wed 30 Jul 2014 17:54:48 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.