My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 Issues

(24 posts)
  1. gomezz

gomezz

special member

And my Foxsat HDR has worked fine (ITV Accurate Recording in the early days apart) since 2010.

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 12:23:35 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MontysEvilTwin over at hummy.tv did some interesting work on the DTR-T1000 problems. He found that the power supply is the same as that used in the late production HDR-FOX T2 models with the revised tuner arrangement. He used the power supply from a DTR-T1000 (with the stuck in nearly ready problem) in an HDR-FOX T2 and it worked fine in an extended test. There certainly are not many reports of power supply problems for the HDR-FOX T2 and I do tend to agree that the suggestion that all the DTR-T1000 problems are power supply related are unlikely to be correct.

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 12:35:48 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

My opinion - the guy I quoted was just trying to build a case for why Humax should give him another free YouView box, if his first one ever failed. He probably did exactly the same when his FoxSat failed post-guarantee. No evidence as to whether either box did or did not have a capacitor problem. It was just a ploy.

It's unfortunate that the Sale of Goods Act is so complicated, and enforcing it is so tricky. He probably could have got a repair of the FoxSat via the retailer if he'd gone down that route.

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 12:51:08 #23 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Unless the T2 design is more robust in the face of out of spec DC delivery?

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 12:52:27 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.