My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 Questions

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

macximum

Hi all, thanks for an informative forum!

We've recently acquired a DTR-T1000/GB Humax YouView box. Our old Freeview (tuner only) box was ageing so a change was long overdue. Some local friends had the Humax going unused so we gladly accepted. I think they received the box from BT but no longer needed it, we are on Virgin cable (no TV services, just fast broadband).

I've connected it up (aerial, LAN etc etc) and all initially appears to be working fine. The signal reception is much better than our old tuner, as we experienced breakup before; PVR features and the HD channels are welcome!

I noticed the BT logo in the YouView menu, but since an update it has now disappeared, am I to take this as a sign the box is now running as some of you describe as a retail unit? As mentioned before we are not on BT internet so does this make a difference?

So far recordings seem to be going OK but I am keeping an eye on this as some of you have reported failures. I've hooked it up to NetFlix successfully too. I've connected it to the YouView app (2 devices so far) and that also seems to be working for scheduling recording etc. Haven't tried OnDemand services yet but can see they are available a plenty.

Is there anything else I can do with this box or should know about?
    What are the primary uses of the USB ports (front/back)?

Any tips on the following settings would also be helpful...

Eco Mode - Low (worth changing?)
    Number of Channels - 143

Versions...
    Manufacturer: 20.9.0
    Component: 2.8.18
    Platform: 1234
    ISP: 6

Many thanks in advance for your responses.

| Mon 1 Dec 2014 11:57:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Hi

A BT branded box, when connected to a non-BT ISP, functions like a retail box except that it remains on BT's update schedule.

Eco low = more or less on, so the box starts quicker and can be linked to the app.

Eco high = almost off, so start up is slower and app cannot be used

USB ports have no user functions except you can use them to power or charge other devices.

| Mon 1 Dec 2014 13:08:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

macximum

Thanks JamesB - I think I spoke too soon.

Constant crashing tonight, I feel like it might be to do with overheating but it ran for practically a whole day yesterday without fault - in the same location.

Video signal break up, cannot access the menus, remote seems to die... a power off from the back and on again sorts it but only briefly.

Don't think I changed any setting to upset it!

I guess I'll be in the market for a decent PVR now I've had a taster - especially if this is going to behave like this from now on!

Any recommendations?

| Mon 1 Dec 2014 22:08:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I like the Humax Freetime boxes, but for that you need satellite.

For Freeview, I'd like to have another YouView box - if only they were reliable. I may yet go for one, with a 5-year guarantee, as it's not bad value over five years, even counting the cost of the guarantee.

I believe many would recommend the Humax Fox T2 boxes. I haven't used them myself.

| Mon 1 Dec 2014 22:22:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

macximum

Before I consign the box to the bin (I will extract the HD for other use first), is there anything anyone can suggest to get it working? It seems to be an overheating related issue. If left completely off to cool it appears to work fine (as it did last night for over an hour using BBC iplayer).

Left it in standby overnight and this morning it is unresponsive to both remote and touch, off and on from the switch and it struggles to boot, box feels hot. I'm going to move it to a different stand alone location later but I suspect this will crop up again!

Perhaps I should wire a PC processor fan in to the internals!?

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 10:59:16 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.