My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1010 fails to download software

(13 posts)
  1. vickusin

vickusin

My DTR-T1010 reports that a software update is available. When I select the download option, the download appears to start, but never gets beyond 0%. If I leave it for a long time (a couple of hours) the box will eventually go to standby.

I have a reasonable internet connection, which works fine for watching the catch-up programmes on the the Humax, so I'm not sure why it fails to download the software.

Wonder if anyone has come across this with the T1010.

Mine is
    Software version: 14.2.0
    Updated: 6 Aug 2013

Vic

| Tue 29 Oct 2013 9:29:46 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

You could try updating from Maintenance mode see if that works. Follow the link from this page, substituting relevant buttons for T1010:

Link

| Tue 29 Oct 2013 10:09:35 #2 |
  3. vickusin

vickusin

Thanks for the suggestion Barry. I did try to get into the maintenance mode, but unfortunately the T1010 does not have the relevant front panel buttons, mentioned in the instructions for getting into the maintenance mode. Using the same buttons on the remote does not work. The front power button does not illuminate with orange and the vol- button does nothing.

I wonder if anyone has managed to figure out how to get the T1010 into the maintenance mode.

| Tue 29 Oct 2013 23:07:55 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It does work on the T1010 - I've tested it - not as straight forward as a T1000, but it does work, you have to use the front panel buttons.

Touch power on and as soon as central led turns on touch and keep touching vol - which is 9 o'clock on central control (led on 1010 is bluey/white not orange)

Once enter maintenance mode yes/no appears touch power again and wait.

When maintenance mode menu appears navigate the options touching the 12 or 6 positions on central control.

| Tue 29 Oct 2013 23:51:01 #4 |
  5. vickusin

vickusin

OK, this has taken a while to reach the next step. Before doing a reset, I wanted to make sure I didn't have any timers set up or programmes recorded that I would lose with a full reset. I tried the partial reset and it didn't make any difference.

Many thanks to Barry for pointing me in the right direction in getting into the maintenance mode. I eventually got there and did a factory reset. This did indeed reset the box and cleared all settings and channels. The box then did a re-scan and found all the channels again.

Unfortunately, when it then checked for a new version of the software and started downloading it, it got stuck exactly the same as before - i.e. the download starts, but never gets beyond 0%. Even when left for a very long time.

So I wonder if anyone else has had the same issue with a T1010 ? Is there a way to update the software other than by downloading it via the box ?

Many thanks.

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 15:15:30 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I think your only option is to contact Humax Support for advice.

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 22:49:15 #6 |
  7. vickusin

vickusin

I think you're right. I'll get onto them tomorrow. Thanks again.

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 23:35:48 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

Touch power on and as soon as central led turns on touch and keep touching vol - which is 9 o'clock on central control (led on 1010 is bluey/white not orange)

Once enter maintenance mode yes/no appears touch power again and wait.

When maintenance mode menu appears navigate the options touching the 12 or 6 positions on central control.

I've got major issues with my new box but whatever I press I cannot get into maintenance. I switch it on, press the "9'oclovk, I get asked if I want to enter maintenance but whatever position I press, be it 12,3,6,9 o'clock, or just dead centre, I cannot get into maintenance. What am I doing wrong?

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 23:10:15 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Once 'enter maintenance mode yes/no' option appears are you touching the power button again to confirm action?

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 8:47:30 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

I am touching the power button. It doesn't seem to press in but I am pressing firmly.

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 8:55:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.