My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR1000 update7.76 manual download

(9 posts)
  1. George_boon

George_boon

Hello where can i download the latest update for the youview box provided by bt i want to do a manually download and save it to my usb device if that isnt possible can i link 2 boxes together and do a update that way?

| Sun 19 Jan 2014 17:00:08 #1 |
  2. George_boon

George_boon

just to mention 1 is a bt youview and the orther is a talk talk box

| Sun 19 Jan 2014 17:03:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

You can't download the updates to a USB stick. Each box should be updated automatically with the appropriate version, usually overnight. To check for an update, go into Settings -> Device Management.

These two boxes will be running on different software versions, one from BT, one from TalkTalk, so an update may be available for one, both, or neither.

| Sun 19 Jan 2014 17:22:28 #3 |
  4. George_boon

George_boon

must be smmit i can do

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 2:03:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Why do you think the boxes need updating?

If you've checked for an update and not found one, that may simply be because each box is running the latest version of its software. Normally each box would update itself during setup and then check regularly for any new updates.

There's a list of TalkTalk updates at http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/getting-started/software-update-huawei-youview-box.

For the BT box, see the announcement at https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/UPDATED-25-11-New-software-update-rolling-out-to-YouView-from-BT/td-p/1089512

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 2:27:55 #5 |
  6. George_boon

George_boon

cant i put bt's firmware on to the talk talk box

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 5:06:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

No. Assuming they're both in working order, each box will update itself with the firmware it's looking for - BT version for the BT box, TalkTalk version for the TalkTalk box.

Not that it makes much practical difference. Regardless of which version each box is running, the boxes can't communicate with each other - they can't for example share recordings. If you're on BT's network and want to subscribe to BT TV services, you'll need to check with BT about what you can get with each box, whether you can get multiroom, etc. The TalkTalk box won't be able to handle BT's multicast channels such as BT Sport for instance.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 10:33:44 #7 |
  8. George_boon

George_boon

so im screwed then lol

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 18:12:17 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

BT will be more than happy to send you a "free" box provided you sign in blood.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 18:21:18 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.