My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Edimax 7711UAn Connection

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Connect1

HI

Just bought a 1000s and thought (after reading a few posts) that I would try the Edimax 7711UAn dongle. The instructions that come with the dongle assume that you are trying to connect a Windows machine. Is it just a case of plugging the dongle in the back of the Humax and running a setup or am I being too optimistic?

| Fri 22 Aug 2014 19:25:18 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I don't think you are being too optimistic, that's how it works on the HDR-FOX T2. The Humax dongle uses the Ralink 3070 chipset and their devices are preconfigured with the necessary drivers. Your dongle uses the same chipset so you should just be able to plug and play.

Edit. The Edimax dongle you have is really good, but I recommend plugging it straight into the USB port. The short, USB cable that comes with the Edimax adversely affects the performance.

| Fri 22 Aug 2014 20:46:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Connect1

Thanks.

It actually connected with no hassle at all so I am very pleased! The BBC player is excellent but the ITV one is very sporadic. I think the dongle is great value at under £12 on Amazon and certainly a lot cheaper than the Humax branded version.

Might struggle to get even £12 worth of use though!

| Mon 25 Aug 2014 18:40:42 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.