My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Failed Recording & now won't record

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lois

I have had my HDR Fox T2 for over a year. I recorded something via series link on Friday which recorded fine but there was another seperate recording of this same programme which said 'Recording Failed 0 Mins'. I tried to delete this but it wouldn't let me initially but I then managed to. Since Friday my box now won't record that series at all, I have tried deleting the original series link and starting again but when I try to set the series link again it says this clashes with another recording, which is doesn't and to choose an alternate recording time, which when looking at the tv schedule doesn't even exist. I've tried choosing the alternative record time but it doesn't show in my recording schedule. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, thanks

| Mon 23 Jun 2014 11:24:31 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. What channel and programme is causing the issue ?. Which transmitter do you get your signals from ?

Are you able to live pause TV and start instant recordings ?

If it's repeatable by other members it could be a CRID code issue. If not you can try switching the mains to the box off for about 15 minutes. If that fails then make a note of recording schedule and then do a reset to factory defaults.

| Mon 23 Jun 2014 11:39:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lois

It's Channel 5 and the programme is Big Brother. I did try switching it off at the mains for about 5 minutes but I will try it for longer once I'm home tonight. If I do a factory reset will I lose all the programmes I have currently recorded and not watched? Thanks

| Mon 23 Jun 2014 11:42:15 #3 |
  4. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

When you do a factory reset there is an additional tick-box option to format the hard drive. As long as you do not select this option your recordings will be kept. The reset will wipe your recording schedule and you will get the installation wizard to guide you through the retuning and setup. This should also clear any corrupted schedule entries and, hopefully, solve your problem. By the way, do you know what version of software you are on?

| Mon 23 Jun 2014 11:58:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lois

Thanks so much for your help on this. I will do a factory reset tonight. I am not sure which version my software is, I know this is probably a silly question but how would I find this out?

| Mon 23 Jun 2014 12:07:17 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Menu
    Settings
    System
    System Information.

| Mon 23 Jun 2014 12:15:59 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just to confirm, no issue with setting a series recording for Big Brother on my HDR FOX T2 (Lark Stoke Transmitter)

| Mon 23 Jun 2014 12:32:18 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lois

great thanks.

| Mon 23 Jun 2014 13:15:26 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mole81

I have exactly the same issue with a humax hdr1000-a (even the same program)! Did you manage to resolve?

| Tue 24 Jun 2014 7:30:25 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lois

I did a factory reset last night and then re set Big Brother for a series record. It's now allowing me to set it as a series link but is only showing up in my record schedule for tonight and not for the rest of the week. When I check in the TV guide though Big Brother is showing as a series link and each day is highlighted as a record. Does this mean it's not going to record beyond tonight? I am having no other problems with any other recordings so not sure what is happening. Maybe I need to do another factory reset. Any help would be great.

| Tue 24 Jun 2014 14:54:37 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.