My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Failed Recording On New BBC HD Channels

(77 posts)
  1. Scuttlebroom

Scuttlebroom

I posted this on Hummy.tv, but thought I would ask here as well in case anyone knows why or how to fix this issue:

Has anyone else had issues trying to record programmes on the new BBC Four HD channel?

I set my box to record Hidden Killers last night, and today it was shown as failed with zero minutes recorded.

And tonight it has done it again whilst trying to record Patisserie with Michel Roux Jr.

I noticed that when it was supposedly recording the programme it did not appear in the media list, but appeared after it had finished and then as a failed recording.

Manually recording works, just not scheduled!

Also YouView users have also reported the same behavior!
    Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

| Thu 12 Dec 2013 13:03:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

loungelizard

I tried a test recording on BBC Four HD yesterday, it shows 0min and when I try to play it I get a "Recording (less than 30 secs) may not be stored." message. Not seen that before.

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 10:49:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rangersfc

Same with me on BBC3 HD, can not schedule record on this channel at all. Have tried 3 separate times and just get 0 minute titles.

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 11:02:51 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rangersfc - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Same with me on BBC3 HD, can not schedule record on this channel at all. Have tried 3 separate times and just get 0 minute titles.

Welcome to the forum. Problem is widely reported, As my transmitter does not have Com 7 I can't check BBC 4 HD on Freeview. I have set a test recording on Freesat to check if Freesat is OK.

BBC 3 HD I can check. I have set two this evening one Accurate Record the other Manual (HDR FOX T2). I will report what happens.

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 12:05:11 #4 |
  5. Wallace

Wallace

special member

I have set a timer to record Byzantium: A Tale of Three Cities on BBC Four HD at 21:00 tonight. I will report later of the outcome.

HTH

Edit: Recording in progress. I can see the recording file size increasing in the WebIf.
    Edit Edit: Full recording is showing in the media list and is in the process of being decrypted as I write this.
    Edit Edit Edit: Confirmed. The full programme recorded, been decrypted and moved by sweeper to the Misc folder. I have played the entire recording (fast scan) and appears to be 100% OK. No problems here as far as I can tell.

This was my reply to the post on Hummy.TV

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 12:44:39 #5 |
  6. athomson

athomson

special member

I tried a record on bbc3 HD and it played fine. I had just done a full scan before the record and I am running custom firmware 1.03.06 maybe that's the answer.

Andy

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 22:24:00 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

athomson - 13 minutes ago  » 
    I tried a record on bbc3 HD and it played fine. I had just done a full scan before the record and I am running custom firmware 1.03.06 maybe that's the answer.
    Andy

The custom firmware runs on top of the Humax firmware, it does not affect the way the box works normally. From other reports it does seem the issue has been resolved.

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 22:41:37 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Both my Freeview recordings (manual and AR) failed producing zero minute recordings. The Freesat box recorded no problem. Trying an instant recording now on CBBC HD. Well that worked OK how strange.

I will set another test for tonight.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 11:13:48 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I tried recording BBC 3 HD on 2 x HDR T2 - both failed, zero minute recordings.
    (no com 7 yet in my area)

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 11:55:16 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    I tried recording BBC 3 HD on 2 x HDR T2 - both failed, zero minute recordings.
    (no com 7 yet in my area)

Barry - are you able to record CBBC HD from the time shift buffer ?

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 13:26:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.