My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Faulty tuner replace/fix possible?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeabanks

Is a faulty tuner replacement or fix possible? Or should I just use the box with one tuner (with it's obvious limitations)?

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 15:23:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are you sure that the box has only 1 working tuner ? How did you confirm tuner 2 is faulty ?

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 16:30:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeabanks

Tried a tune (manual) on each input with each cable. Got no signal on one. When I look at the manual tune section I don't get a signal on one tuner.

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 15:14:46 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikeabanks - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Tried a tune (manual) on each input with each cable. Got no signal on one. When I look at the manual tune section I don't get a signal on one tuner.

Seems pretty definitive, No idea if a tuner module change is a diy prospect. Has any one swapped a tuner module on a Foxsat-hdr ?

Other than that only suggestion is give Humax customer support a ring.

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 15:30:51 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 22 hours ago  » 

mikeabanks - 13 minutes ago  » 

Seems pretty definitive, No idea if a tuner module change is a diy prospect. Has any one swapped a tuner module on a Foxsat-hdr ?
    Other than that only suggestion is give Humax customer support a ring.

The tuner is on a separate small board, however you do need to remove the mother board to detach and refit it.

I removed one from a dead Foxsat that I bricked and sold it to someone who had killed the second tuner (water ingress). He refitted it and was back to normal.

I think Humax ask quite a bit for the part.

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 14:31:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeabanks

The second tuner has mysteriously started working again! Maybe it was connected to the misaligned dish (see my other thread). I was sure I had tested for both inputs. Thanks for the information - it may become useful in future

| Thu 10 Jul 2014 11:23:18 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.