My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Filezilla network settings

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hugh J

I would like to try transferring files from my PC to the HDR 2000T via Filezilla, but I'm afraid I'm finding the setup process utterly baffling.

When it asks for an IP address, I don't know whether it's asking for my own Windows 7 PC or the Humax box - but that's only for starters.

Funnily enough, I managed to set up a connection to maintain my website with no difficulty at all, but this seems totally beyond me.

It's not something that I can't live without, but if anybody knows of any easy-to-follow instructions anywhere I'd love to give it a go.

| Wed 12 Nov 2014 21:10:37 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

If it is like the HDR-FOX you input the IP address of the Humax, the username is HumaxFTP and the password will be 0000 if you have not changed it (it is the same as the code you input to enter the installation menu). You then click connect and that should do it.

BTW your alias always makes me chuckle, but then I am juvenile:-)

| Wed 12 Nov 2014 22:17:32 #2 |
  3. geoffers

geoffers

As Monty said .... don't forget you've got to turn the FTP server on in the Humax settings

Here's a pic of the login text boxes

Then you can click on the folders on your PC on the left, and the hummy on the right, and drag/drop files from one to the other

Attachments

1. filezilla_copy.PNG (50.5 KB, 20 downloads) 9 years old
    2. filezilla_login.PNG (27.5 KB, 26 downloads) 9 years old
    | Wed 12 Nov 2014 22:33:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hugh J

Thank you for taking the trouble to make those screen grabs. I can find my way around most things on a computer, but for some reason, networking has always been a bit of a blind spot. I always get the message along the lines on "unable to create a Home Group on this computer", but no reason is given. I will try this a bit later on today.

p.s. I think I can lay claim to being the first person to invent this name. It was way back in the days of Game On, although many others have latched onto it since.

| Thu 13 Nov 2014 9:22:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hugh J

I've just tried it and for some reason, when it tries to connect, it adds a 21 to the end of the address and fails:

Connecting to 192.168.1.71:21...

I was tying 0000 as the password

| Thu 13 Nov 2014 20:46:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hugh J

Aha - I assumed I had to put that IP address in to connect to a Humax server, but I've put the address of my box in and it seems to have worked.

| Thu 13 Nov 2014 20:49:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hugh J

The only odd thing is that I can't transfer a video file directly into the Video folder on the Humax box, only into a sub-folder that I've created myself. Oh well - it's still a result, as it was incredibly quick.

Thanks again.

| Thu 13 Nov 2014 20:59:56 #7 |
  8. geoffers

geoffers

Hugh Janus - 39 minutes ago  » 
    I've just tried it and for some reason, when it tries to connect, it adds a 21 to the end of the address and fails:
    Connecting to 192.168.1.71:21...
    I was tying 0000 as the password

Yup: That example was the ip of my machine! - yours will be different

Check Settings>system>internet setting>configure LAN on the hummy and you'll see your IP address

The :21 appended to the end is the port number the 2 devices communicate on, which is always 21 for ftp devices (they negotiate another free port for the actual data transfer)

| Thu 13 Nov 2014 21:29:22 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.