My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Firefox HDR freezing...... Help

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Carlakosh

Hiya, I'm new on here , wonder if any of you have experienced the following or have any advice on what I can do to fix it..... My Firefox HDR is freezing up and the only way to kick start it is to switch it off and on again with the switch on the back if the box.....storage is not at it's max and it has the most recent software update from July 2012...

| Tue 6 May 2014 21:29:28 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. A tad confused Firefox is a popular web browser programme like Internet Explorer. It's not a box that Humax ever made.

There's a number of boxes it might be including satellite and terrestrial TV boxes.

Foxsat-HDR, HDR-1000S, HDR-1010S (the s indicates a satellite box).

HDR-FOX T2 (the T indicates a terrestrial box), which may well be the one you mean.

Can you confirm which box you actually have ?

| Tue 6 May 2014 23:03:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Carlakosh

Sorry for being dim there ....lol, cannot believe I typed that and then read it back before hitting post.... O dear!!!..... So I will try again I have a Foxsat HDR and it keeps freezing, all I can do to restart is to turn it off and on at the back..... Any ideas anyone??? Thank you

| Thu 8 May 2014 21:28:41 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's possibly down to the hard disk timeshift buffer file being corrupted due to faulty sectors on the hard disk.

There are a number possible solutions.

I install the custom firmware and rename the 0.ts buffer file which will force the box to create a new one on a different area of the hard disk.

2 Remove the drive and connect to a PC either booted into Linux or with a EXT3 driver (EXT2FS) and do the same.

3 Fit a new hard drive and use the old one in a sata usb cradle to view/copy the existing recordings.

4 Use the file system check and repair capability the custom firmware provides.

| Thu 8 May 2014 22:05:57 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You could also try a reset to factory default, if you have not tried that already. (Make a note of your schedule first).

| Fri 9 May 2014 7:08:41 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.