My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Firmware 1.03.11 vs 1.03.12 + where can I d/l 12?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humming

Long time lurker, first time poster.

One of my HDR Fox T2 units was recently replaced (base unit would intermittently fail to respond to the remote) by John Lewis / Humax. Although John Lewis assured me the replacement would not be a refurb, I suspect it may be because it is running 1.03.11, but I understand Humax refurbs should be excellent and “as new” anyway.

I had issues recording a BBC Four HD programme at the weekend (programme appeared to be recording and used HDD space but would not pause during recording or play back after recording – I think it may have worked if I had been able to delete the .nts file, but I did not try), although a subsequent programme on the same channel worked. I hope that upgrading to 1.03.12 will fix the BBC Three HD / BBC Four HD recording problem, can anyone confirm? I understand it was a known issue in 1.03.06 (and I now assume also in 1.03.11) which was fixed in 1.03.12.

OR – if I just watch BBC Three HD and BBC Four HD for a few minutes today will those channels record fine until the next retune event? If so, which other channels should I watch – just the BBC HD channels I assume?

If it is worth upgrading to 1.03.12 for this, or any other reason, does anyone have an official link for the download? I have not been able to find it on the main Humax site and the beta download site is not up to date. I gather that it is not currently available OTA (the DTG site is only showing freesat at the moment), but I can wait if a firmware broadcast is expected soon (either 1.03.12 or a new release).

I realise I can source the files (and custom firmware too) from reputable fan sites, but I would rather use an official download.

If someone can tell me the difference between 1.03.11 and 1.03.12 I may not feel the need to update at all, but I gather 1.03.11 was a bit of a rare beast, so that information may be hard to come by.

If there is a reason to stick with 1.03.11 I can do that, and just record BBC Three and Four in SD, or use the “watch it for five minutes” fix if that works.

Please forgive me if this has already been covered, I did search but may have overlooked something.

Thank you for reading what turned out to be a much longer post than intended, and thank you in advance for any assistance you can give.

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 16:17:57 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

1.03.12 can be downloaded from this official link:

http://ftp.humaxdigital.com/main.html?download&weblink=d8c226ed72c810380f9f8ddb2c68c6a6&realfilename=HDR-FOXT2_1_03_12.zip

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 16:52:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humming

Thank you Barry (for the welcome and the download link).

Are you able to list the differences between 1.03.11 and 1.03.12 and do you know if any further firmware updates are on the way (I think you work at Humax)?

Thanks

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 17:32:35 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. I do not, and never have worked for Humax.

2. No release note for 1.03.11, but I think one difference was the BBC HD channel fix.

3. As for further updates, cannot comment at this time.

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 19:24:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humming

Hi Barry, thank you for your reply.

Sorry for my confusion and for incorrectly assuming you worked for Humax, please take it as a compliment - it's because you seem very knowledgeable.

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 21:43:14 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Version 1.03.12 now also available from Humax Support page:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=476&pid=6

| Mon 27 Oct 2014 15:25:32 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.