My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Firmware update advice

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DougSt

Hopefully this query is fairly easy to answer in the right hands.

I’ve just bought a used Foxsat PVR and during set up on my TV I did a factory reset however I think this might have erased the up-to-date firmware because it now tells me it’s running HPRSFCI 1.00.17 and suffers hanging of EPG (I say this assuming there was up-to-date firmware on there). Anyway I’m good to do the manual flash upgrade to HPRSFCI 1.00.21 (per this site) but just want to check a few things with someone who knows:

1. That HPRSFCI 1.00.21 is the latest firmware (I realise the machine is now a few years old)
    2. That it incorporates the preceding upgrades and will therefore fix the notorious EPG problem
    3. Whether there is anything else I should know (aware of the USB stick issue)

Advice welcome.

| Fri 17 Jan 2014 21:23:20 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

It must have only had 1.00.17 - factory reset does not revert software versions.

1. 1.00.21 is latest publically released version.

2. Yes to incorporating all previous versions. No EPG issues that I am aware of.

3. Go ahead and upgrade nothing to be wary of.

| Fri 17 Jan 2014 22:15:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DougSt

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your quick reply - great to have that confirmation.

I'll do the upgrade and hopefully benefit from the various improvements including a stable EPG.

I did a fair bit of rooting about for some info on the issue and m.h.o. saved the day. There is much to know on here.

| Fri 17 Jan 2014 22:45:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

DougSt

Barry,

A quick line to confirm the update worked fine and all appears well. The only stick I have is a 8Gb HP one so I thought I would give it a go. I formatted it as per instructions and it worked fine.

Thanks again.

| Sat 18 Jan 2014 17:39:30 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Good news.

Thank you for the update.

| Sat 18 Jan 2014 17:53:27 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.