My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Flashing display

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GG

The display and therefore on screen keeps flashing between the actual channel & the channel list.
    I have switched off unplugged and re-booted but still happening.
    Has anyone else had this problem or is it a return to Humax for repair?

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 22:34:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'd want to be sure that the remote control wasn't causing trouble first.
    Put the box into standby, wait for the disk to stop, switch off at the rear. Move the remote control to another room, get a piece of card or similar and block the front of the box to stop any remote commands getting through, switch back on at rear, switch on at front.
    If it's still flashing then I'd do a factory reset after taking a note of your schedule, without formatting, and if it's still flashing after that then I guess it's pretty much faulty.
    If it's not flashing then remove the card or similar and wait, if it starts flashing then something else in the room is affecting it, remove any other remote controls from the room one by one.
    If it's still not flashing then bring the remote control back into the room to see if that has any affect, it it does then one of the buttons may be pressed in or a change of batteries should be tried.
    You should be able to determine whether it's the box itself or an external influence such as a remote control. If it's the box and a reset hasn't helped then I don't think you have much option but to contact Humax - assuming it's still under guarantee.
    I'm not aware of anything else that could cause the flashing; however other members may know better.
    Let us know how you get on.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 2:51:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GG

Thanks Damian but it has not worked.
    I can't even do a factory reset because when I select menu that goes straight to language preferance and the selection starts to flash between the selected English and the options.
    Think it will be a repair job

| Wed 8 Oct 2014 16:42:58 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi GG,

I may have misunderstood the problem, it may be hdmi/hdcp related.
    Have you got a scart lead handy and can you test with a scart connection instead?

| Wed 8 Oct 2014 17:15:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

one last thing, as testing with scart,if you can, is ruling out hdmi before sending back/repair, drop the flap down on the front of the foxsat and run your fingers over all the buttons, left hand side, to make sure that they all bounce back.
    With it in standby it won't do any harm using your thumb to go over all the buttons backwards and forwards vigorously a few times.
    Take it back out of standby and use the buttons to check if that helps.
    If it doesn't and you've also checked during daylight, i.e. nothing else electrical switched on in the room aside from TV and Foxsat and you can't think of anything that's changed, moved or been added around the time you noticed the problem then I give up.
    I suppose as a last resort you could ask a friend/neighbour etc. if you could test the box elsewhere and I think that would be pretty conclusive. Good luck

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 1:26:24 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.