My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR constantly loses program data

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

At first I thought it was just for back to back series recordings but actually no it's for quite a few recordings. The odd thing is the wrong EPG data is clearly in the sidecar files as it shows program synopsis and so forth in the web interface edit mode, but on the box itself it's the standard No program information available failure. Seems to happen mostly on recordings that start a minute early - the wrong EPG data means the program before is credited as the synopsis even if it isn't.

Any ideas on how I can stop the box losing the program information, or having the info from the program before? It seems really buggy and it annoys me.

| Mon 26 Jan 2015 22:22:32 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Guessing but I think this could happen when you have padding set (rather than accurate record) and the broadcaster sets the change of running status late. Which channels are you getting it on?

I have seen this previously reported but not at all frequently.

| Tue 27 Jan 2015 9:00:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

REPASSAC - 10 hours ago  » 
    Guessing but I think this could happen when you have padding set (rather than accurate record) and the broadcaster sets the change of running status late. Which channels are you getting it on?

Any channels I use padding on, basically. The BBC HD ones, ITV HD, 4HD, Kerrang!, all of them. Seems the penalty for using padding is missing EPG data, it's not ideal.

| Tue 27 Jan 2015 19:46:37 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

zeke - 14 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 10 hours ago  » 

Any channels I use padding on, basically. The BBC HD ones, ITV HD, 4HD, Kerrang!, all of them. Seems the penalty for using padding is missing EPG data, it's not ideal.

Padding converts the booking into a manual one based on the scheduled times. The box is unable to respond to the broadcaster accurate recording times. It will start and stop at the adjusted times. Far better to turn off paddng and use manual repeating timers for the few channels like Kerrang who do not have Accurate Recording control. All the major psb channels implement AR and it's very reliable.

| Tue 27 Jan 2015 20:05:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

"All the major psb channels implement AR and it's very reliable"

Ah. Well Family Guy is set up as a series link and it regularly chops off the start off the episodes when doing back to back recording.

I remember now why I went back to the TiVo a year ago, it got stuff like this right 99% of the time.

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 21:48:58 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

To echo Graham's advice - a padding of "Auto" works exceptionally well for me - I have had a problem only once but that was due to a broadcaster error.

Padding settings at start and end will run into problems with back to back recordings.

| Thu 29 Jan 2015 8:01:06 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.