My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freesat Communty is Closing

(5 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Not that they were of much use anyway, but they've just posted this:

FREESAT COMMUNITY IS CLOSING

After a thorough review of how we support Freesat customers in all channels, we have taken the decision to close the Freesat Community from 29 July. We aim to provide a better overall support service via an expanded help section on Freesat.co.uk, which will be launching at the end of July. We feel that with the resources available we’ll be able to keep Freesat customers better informed and respond to queries in a more effective manner by directing them all through online help and to our social media channels. As current community members have commented, it is easier to have information in fewer areas that are always up to date than several areas that are updated sporadically.

Please take this opportunity to save a copy of any posts you would like to keep, as these won’t be available after the end of the month.

We would like to thank all members for their continued support of Freesat and the feedback provided over the last few years.

The Freesat team

| Mon 21 Jul 2014 17:54:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

I also found them next to useless.

| Mon 21 Jul 2014 18:07:23 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Can't say I am surprised, was an outlet for serial whinging, and some of the comments led to the one person who could, and does make a difference leaving.

| Mon 21 Jul 2014 18:17:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Barry - 29 minutes ago  » ...Can't say I am surprised, was an outlet for serial whinging...

Perhaps that's explainable by the fact that they completely ignored (or more seriously, deleted) any serious input from users. A complete waste of space.

| Mon 21 Jul 2014 18:49:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

They could of been a little more personable, most of the time they just ignored post. Take the resume recording bug, it took them two months to say they were looking into it and then miraculously they had a fix ready to go out a few days later !

| Tue 22 Jul 2014 8:36:12 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.