My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Freesat detection fails/invalid postcode error

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AMS

Hi, Im having trouble setting up a Foxsat HDR. I have am getting the freesat detection fails/invalid postcode error message.

Ive gone through 14.2 troubleshooting and also had a professional installer out today checking the signals which are very good.

The version is U7.52 if that makes any sense and I can get strange channels on the manual search, Colours etc, but not the main HD channels.

I am new to this forum and tried to follow older (2012) posts on this issue to no avail. Thanks

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 21:36:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum.

The first thing we need to check is what sort of signal you have from the Freesat home transponder.

Using manual tune change the transponder all option and locate the transponder labelled 11428 H. Can you post what signal quality and strength you have.

7.52 is the loader software (used to boot the system from sby). The important one is the software version which should be 1.00.21 if you are up to date.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 21:48:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

AMS

Hi, thanks for your reply. Ive gone to 11428H 27500 A transponder and there is no signal at all?

The satellite dish is working ok on a Bush HD receiver with no problems and I had a professional installer out today just to check i was getting the maximum signal which he verified.

Im not sure what the software version is for the box, if this is part of the problem.

The box was working fine on Saturday when I got it until I decided to do a retune, and thats where it all went wrong!

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 22:41:55 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AMS - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, thanks for your reply. Ive gone to 11428H 27500 A transponder and there is no signal at all?
    The satellite dish is working ok on a Bush HD receiver with no problems and I had a professional installer out today just to check i was getting the maximum signal which he verified.
    Im not sure what the software version is for the box, if this is part of the problem.
    The box was working fine on Saturday when I got it until I decided to do a retune, and thats where it all went wrong!

That is the issue you have. If you are brave enough try a freesat retune on the Bush box, it's near certain it will fail and leave you in the same state on both boxes.

Try channel 999 on the Bush Box, It's the freesat info data channel ands it's from the freesat home transponder. With no reception you won't be able to do a freesat retune.

As for professional, I don't believe it. Any installer who knew what he was doing would check the key freesat home transponder.

Many installers have little knowledge of what they are doing, they have little training and do not have access to proper satellite test reception equipment.

An explanation.

The freesat epg is delivered along with the broadcast on every channel on the epg. Channel updates and software updates need access to the freesat home transponder (11428 H). Without access eventually you have problems because your Freesat channel database stored on the box gets out of date.

Eventually you attempt a freesat retune. The first thing the box does is download a postcode database from the home transponder. This is required to give you your correct regional channels from the postcode you entered. Without access to this transponder the process fails.

Get your professional back and insist on a reception from this transponder.

100% quality should be available in the UK.

I will post my Freesat home transponder diagnostics tomorrow. Your installer should be able to get similar results.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 23:13:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

AMS

Hi, thanks for this information it does explain the situation well. The installer here today had some type of meter that he said cost £400. He is also a Trading Standards Trusted Trader so I will get back to him tomorrow. He said I had a good signal and it was the box at fault! Ive even been considering tonight buying a new recording box but wont be doing this now.

I will now check channel 999 on the Bush Box to see whats happening with that.

Thank you for your help and I appreciate hearing from you tomorrow with the Freesat home transponder diagnostic information to show the installer.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 23:51:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AMS

Hi, just checked the Bush box and there is no channel 999 listed! I wont be going for a retune on that.

| Tue 25 Nov 2014 0:12:57 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

High level cloud this morning. (Probably ice crystals) quality is 90% (in clear weather normally 100%)

Attachments

1. FoxsatHome.jpg (3688.3 KB, 2 downloads) 9 years old
    | Tue 25 Nov 2014 10:56:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

AMS

Hi Graham, Heres a screenshot from my diagnostics. I have noticed now that both the signals will go up to 100% but then go back down to zero after only a few seconds. Not sure if this means possible faulty LNB or still the fault the professional installer as you can get some channels through manual search?

| Tue 25 Nov 2014 14:12:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

AMS

Hi, sorry about problems with attachment on the last post but the screen details are:

Software version: HPRSFCI 1.00.17
    Loader Version: U 7.52
    System ID: 3768:0000
    Update Date: 20 Sept 2011

0% signal strength and quality.

Does this information mean anything?

| Tue 25 Nov 2014 14:22:03 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Your software is way out of date.

See my screenshot. Should be V1.00.21.

That doesn't explain your lack of access to the home transponder.

That strongly suggests be a dish issue as both your freesat boxes don't have access, unless you have a strong rf source like a router or cordless phone close to both boxes ? Turn off any suspect items to check.

Humax box software can be updated using a usb memory stick but I can't find a source for the update .hdf file.

Perhaps Barry knows where it can be obtained. Other than that installing the Media and File Server bundle software from AV Forums will update your software during the installation.

EDIT

Found the Humax download link

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/downloads/foxsat-hdr

| Tue 25 Nov 2014 14:47:12 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.