My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freesat ios app now available

(35 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As of today the freesat ios app is available to download from app store, providing a guide and the means to remotely set timers on freesat freetime units.

Link to news item on freesat website

Link to post on freesat community forum

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/freesat/id748306909?mt=8

How to video

You can also register and pair your box(es) via freesat website.

(the above is also applicable to the HB1000S)

I've been told It is important that you do not have any failed timers listed, so delete them if you have any, before trying to set any timers via app.

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 8:13:00 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

It good that you can register upto 6 ID's.
    The swipe pad seems a bit hit and miss, maybe it just needs some getting used to.
    Anyhow it seems good so far and I've just noticed that the recordings list is actually a lot better than what's on the box as it gives a date and time of recording.

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 8:27:58 #2 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Ok so first attempt at setting a recording while in standby and using 3G didn't go so well.
    Set to record Real Lives at 7:50 on BBC2 about 10 mins before start time and the box didn't come on and start recording until 5 mins after start time. Checked recording and has missed the beginning.
    Looks like I will be doing some experimenting to see how it performs throughout the day.

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 9:06:01 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Using different devices is not straight forward either, it appears you have to log out/in to get the Recordings, and Schedule list to refresh correctly.

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 9:28:19 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

-gonzo- - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Ok so first attempt at setting a recording while in standby and using 3G didn't go so well.
    Set to record Real Lives at 7:50 on BBC2 about 10 mins before start time and the box didn't come on and start recording until 5 mins after start time. Checked recording and has missed the beginning.
    Looks like I will be doing some experimenting to see how it performs throughout the day.

That would reflect the info I have in that the unit polls every 15 minutes when in standby for any changes to schedule etc.

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 9:35:23 #5 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Barry - 16 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 28 minutes ago  » 

That would reflect the info I have in that the unit polls every 15 minutes when in standby for any changes to schedule etc.

Ah thanks, good to know as I was just about to ask if you knew about timings.

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 9:58:36 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

How to video
    http://youtu.be/budVmY9VbSg

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 10:56:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

All paired up, but the app can't see my box, which means I can't use it as a remote

The box (HB1000S) is connected by ethernet, via powerline adapters, while the iPad is of course wireless. Is this the problem? Does it only scan the local wifi devices?

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 12:03:09 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

JamesB - 21 minutes ago  » 
    All paired up, but the app can't see my box, which means I can't use it as a remote
    The box (HB1000S) is connected by ethernet, via powerline adapters, while the iPad is of course wireless. Is this the problem? Does it only scan the local wifi devices?

Makes no difference, only pre requisite is that they are all on same network.

I have one connected via powerline, one by wifi, and one by nano router, all are listed on app.

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 12:26:40 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 
    How to video
    http://youtu.be/budVmY9VbSg

Thanks for that, will copy link to first post.

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 12:29:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.